Fender Stratocaster Guitar Forum

Warmoth.com Amplified Parts lacemusic.com seymourduncan.com

Go Back   Fender Stratocaster Guitar Forum > Other Discussion Forums > Amp Input - Normal or Bright
Forgot Username/Password? Join Us!

Amp Input - Normal or Bright Amps, tubes, speakers & everything AMP related

Old July 31st, 2011, 10:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
Strat-Talker

How much would you pay for a Blackface/Silverface Vibrochamp

I'm always on the lookout for a vibrochamp for my ultimate practice amp. I seem to see silverface in the laters mid to late 70's for around 300-400$.. with early dripedge silverfaces a bit more expensive. Blackface's in good condition seem to be 600-800.

I'd love to get the blackface one for the whole vibe factor, and the fact that both the silverface and blackface will both hold their value well. But whats the most you'd pay for each in good condition?

Does the rule that the early silverfaces pre 1973 are most desirable like all the other models.. or does it not matter for the simple vibrochamp? Meaning.. do the blackface or early silverface models sound better than a 1978 vibrochamp

SeekTone is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 4th, 2011, 08:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
Strat-Talk Member

Watching... I am at the same crossroads. Oh. bTw first post here!
waytooslow is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 5th, 2011, 08:26 AM   #3 (permalink)
Strat-Talk Member

i know a shop in amsterdam with some vibro champ silverface's for sale for about 500-700 euros
CVSTRAT is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links   #
Sponsored posting

Old September 6th, 2011, 05:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
Strat-Talk Member

They all have the same circuit. The earlier ones with black painted cosmetics are more desirable/expensive cause they look cooler. Yes, some were made differently, mainly due to labor and part availability.

After 71-72, they changed from T & G pine with a screw-in baffle to completely glued marine MDF.

Great little amps, but I only have two. As far as worth, the going US rate is around $250-$350.
More for closet queens.
JuSteve is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 9th, 2011, 12:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
Strat-Talk Member

I haven't seen any in my area in the 250-350 range. That is about right for a Silverface Champ but I think a VibroChamp is going to run you over $500 for the blackface models and upper $300 to $400s for the silverface. Maybe a little less for one in poor cosmetic condition and even more for the really clean ones. They are great amps and are worth owning. Check ampwares.com for the selling price history on ebay for this amp or others.
l88vette is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 10th, 2011, 07:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
Strat-Talk Member

I sold my 64 vibro champ for $300, that was 6 years ago, today they're going for around $500... check out Codekinesis for the going rate of vintage fender amps. I hope this helps.
sebastian is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 12th, 2011, 07:51 AM   #7 (permalink)
Strat-O-Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian View Post
I sold my 64 vibro champ for $300, that was 6 years ago, today they're going for around $500... check out Codekinesis for the going rate of vintage fender amps. I hope this helps.
Thanks for this resource. I've off and on thought of selling my '67 Showman with tone ring cabinet. Not sure if I ever will as every time I type out the ad on CL I end up not posting due to sellers remorse seting in early. However, I am thinking of a getting a Blackface Super Reverb or maybe a Vibroverb so this is good.

Old September 18th, 2011, 06:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

I just sold a 76 vibro champ only 2 pots still had the shafts it still had original tubes original speaker and it was so stained with smoke it wasn't even silver anymore all the metal was rusty and I didn't even have the footswitch it was the 6 watt version I got 125 bucks for it
cagethelephant is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 21st, 2011, 04:43 PM   #9 (permalink)
Strat-Talk Member

My money or yours?
Demo is offline   Reply With Quote