Fender Stratocaster Guitar Forum

Warmoth.com Amplified Parts lacemusic.com seymourduncan.com

Go Back   Fender Stratocaster Guitar Forum > Other Discussion Forums > Amp Input - Normal or Bright
Forgot Username/Password? Join Us!

Amp Input - Normal or Bright Amps, tubes, speakers & everything AMP related

Old August 15th, 2010, 02:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Strat-Talk Member

Fender Blues deluxe sample settings??????

I keep trying to find "that sound" with my blues deluxe amp but always end up messing it up somehow. Im into a cleaner sounding blues but i like it to still have a very full sound. I play an american deluxe if that helps. Does anyone have any suggestions?!

Guitard is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 15th, 2010, 02:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
Strat-Talker

On my BD I have the Middle & Presence set on full, Treble at zero, Bass about four & the Bright switch active. Might seem a little odd but it works for me ;-)...
1977 Marshall 1959 100W non-master volume head & Marshall 100W AVT combo
phildobbin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 16th, 2010, 07:57 AM   #3 (permalink)
Strat-Talker

It can take some experimenting but it's in there. With an Eminence speaker I've ended with the treble and presence at about 65% and bass at about 40%. '62 AVRI Strat. I don't have the stock tubes but it sounds very full and clean.
martinsecrest is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links   #
Sponsored posting

Old August 16th, 2010, 10:21 AM   #4 (permalink)
Strat-O-Master

My method of finding tone is always to max out everything, and pull out the tones I find bothersome. Seems easier to me that way for some reason.
Bendub is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 16th, 2010, 02:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
Strat-O-Master

I normally don't list tone settings cuz they can vary widely depending on the guitar and the acoustic environment, but what the heck. I play a MIM Standard Strat equipped with Fender SCN pups through my BDRI. My settings are:

Bright - Off
Treble - 6
Bass - 3
Middle - 4
Presence - 8

I use the clean channel almost exclusively and add a Monte Allums H2O Plus modified Blues Driver for dirt.

Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton, BB King: The Ultimate Guitar Trio
bluesky636 is offline   Reply With Quote