Fender Stratocaster Guitar Forum

Warmoth.com Amplified Parts lacemusic.com seymourduncan.com

Go Back   Fender Stratocaster Guitar Forum > DIY Channel > DIY Amp Forum
Forgot Username/Password? Join Us!

DIY Amp Forum Building your own amplifier? Talk about here. NON-COMMERCIAL ONLY

Old March 8th, 2012, 12:11 AM   #1 (permalink)
Strat-Talk Member

Blues deville speakers...

I just bought a Fender original issue blues deville amplifier at a great price. I've noticed that the bottom left speaker is a jensen high output. The rest I believe to be the original speakers that came with the amp. If I wanted to put some celestion speakers in there, how would you guys think that would improve my sound? Or should I just stick with the original blue alnico mag speakers? I love playing the blues and classic rock. Can anyone help?

tonyoi1208 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 1st, 2012, 07:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
Strat-Talk Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyoi1208 View Post
I just bought a Fender original issue blues deville amplifier at a great price. I've noticed that the bottom left speaker is a jensen high output. The rest I believe to be the original speakers that came with the amp. If I wanted to put some celestion speakers in there, how would you guys think that would improve my sound? Or should I just stick with the original blue alnico mag speakers? I love playing the blues and classic rock. Can anyone help?
The question is does the amp sound good? If it sounds good dont change it. Although I have a Celestion Gold 12 inch and a G12H30 12 inch in a JTM45 combo and they work really well together. The gold gives really nice mids and highs but lacks some low end punch. And the G12H30 Gives good low end punch and nice mids but may be lacking on the high end. So the two speakers cancel out each others weak points. This combination gives a really nice range.

Dunno if that helps.
jazzycian is offline   Reply With Quote