Fender Stratocaster Guitar Forum

Warmoth.com Amplified Parts lacemusic.com seymourduncan.com

Go Back   Fender Stratocaster Guitar Forum > Other Discussion Forums > The Effect effect
Forgot Username/Password? Join Us!

Notices

The Effect effect Pedals and other Effects

Old October 1st, 2012, 06:21 AM   #1 (permalink)
Strat-Talk Member

Effects loop On Blues Deville Reissue

Hey folks,

I have a Fender Blues Deville and was wondering if someone could explain exactly how/if i can hook my pedal board up to an effects loop on it and if that's even necessary/possible.

Secondly, i didn't receive the channel select footswitch with the amp itself and was just about to buy one off of Ebay, but seeing as how i already have a pretty big pedal board, will the channel selection switch be at all useful to me?

Thanks for all the advice guys.

-Hadum

Hadum is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 1st, 2012, 08:45 AM   #2 (permalink)
Strat-Talker

Do you use the gain channel on the amp?
DO you use the clean channel?
If use only one of the channels you won't need the switch...
If you use the amp clean you have no use for an effects loop...
SergioPt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 1st, 2012, 11:42 AM   #3 (permalink)

Generally pedals don't play well in amp loops. Depends on a lot of factors. If you're gonna use a loop & the amps overdrive you should start by only using reverb, echos/delays, Chorus, flanged, tremolo, or phaser. Generally the efx send is too hot for most pedals. Rack gear is much better suited or pedals that have an inputed adjustment such as the TC Nova line of pedals.
AlienFreak69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links   #
Sponsored posting

Old October 1st, 2012, 04:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
Strat-Talk Member

Great info! thanks folks. i only use the amp on the clean "bright" setting, so i'll save the money i would have spent on the channel select.

Old October 1st, 2012, 08:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
Strat-Talker

If you use it clean forget the loop too...
The idea of the loop is getting your effects (delays reverbs and such) free od the preamp distortion, so if you're not using any preamp distortion you just don't need it.
And great amp by the way, had the chance to fiddle around with a 4x10 blues deville once and loved the amp, very bassman kind of amp, amazing for the blues!
SergioPt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 2nd, 2012, 04:57 AM   #6 (permalink)
Strat-Talk Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergioPt View Post
If you use it clean forget the loop too...
The idea of the loop is getting your effects (delays reverbs and such) free od the preamp distortion, so if you're not using any preamp distortion you just don't need it.
And great amp by the way, had the chance to fiddle around with a 4x10 blues deville once and loved the amp, very bassman kind of amp, amazing for the blues!
cool, thanks.

Yeah, the blues deville is a great clean amp. had it for a little while now and i noticed since the day i got it my overall productivity has dropped quite a bit lol