Fender Stratocaster Guitar Forum

Warmoth.com Amplified Parts lacemusic.com seymourduncan.com

Go Back   Fender Stratocaster Guitar Forum > Other Discussion Forums > The Effect effect
Forgot Username/Password? Join Us!

Notices

The Effect effect Pedals and other Effects

Old October 29th, 2013, 12:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Dog Whisperer

Earthquaker Devices Dispatch Master?

Hey, buddies
I was wondering does anyone here have an Earthquaker Devices Dispatch Master pedal?
I was wondering because I dont have a delay pedal now or amp reverb.

However, I also am learning some Doors songs with a lot of amp tremolo. and thought that EarthQuaker might be a good solution since it has a function where if you adjust the controls you can blend delay and reverb together.
I know it wouldn't be an exact way, like Robby's vintage Twin Reverb's built in amp trem, but would it be close enough for jamming on those tunes with pals since delay by itself I will use more often/ space and $ are a big concern for me.?

Thanks

stevierayfan91 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 29th, 2013, 04:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
Strat-Talk Member

I've got one. I love it. You can get some atmospheric sounds out of it mixing the delay and reverb. I'm not sure it would get you to RKs trem sound tho.
But like you say just for jamming would be fine.

I use mine to do sonic landscapes so to speak. Do volume swells with chords into it and it creates an almost keyboard type pad. Especially if you run a compressor as well.

It also shines as a stand alone delay. The repeats are clean. Just one knob controls the reverb. So its easy to reach down and roll it off.

I dont see this pedal leaving my board for along time. And my board is always evolving.
saltytonk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 30th, 2013, 06:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
Strat-O-Master

I have one. I love it also. very cool pedal
Gilmourfan75 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links   #
Sponsored posting

Old November 1st, 2013, 06:48 AM   #4 (permalink)
Dog Whisperer

Hey, buddies
1 qestion, is it warmer sounding than a DD-3? The last delay pedal I had was one of those, but I sold it 6-8 years ago, lol.
Like would you say the EQ Devices is warm at least kind of in the ballpark of the older Boss analog delays even though its a hybrid design?
I am not super fussy about that aspect as far as 100% old school analog, , I just would prefer to avioid what the DD-3 had, where its design sounded more like Pong if set too high, than vibrant and ethereal sounding, lol.

And I know that sometimes when set real clean the DD series might be better for U2, but I don't play that way with multiple DD and other similar delays ,lol.

My influences and stuff I enjoy playing is more Doors, blues masters, Tom Petty, Led Zepelin, AC/DC edge of breakup type drive., so I want the delay to blend/kind of have a darker tonality as my amp is brighter voiced .
and chosen because my Strat is 3 SC Alnico 5 polepiece/ Alnico 3 polepies for the unwound string, lower output pickups, and my humbucker guitar is an Alnico II PAF style bridge one only. So for me this keeps the pickups less muddy sounding, lol..

Old November 1st, 2013, 09:10 AM   #5 (permalink)
Strat-O-Master

I seriously considered this pedal.

By itself it does what is advertized. But, for me I really wanted:

1. for delay - to have the ability to select between digital delay sound and analog, have the tap tempo option, add modulation...

2. for reverb - to be able to switch between different types of reverb

3. to be able to toggle each one on and off

Don't get me wrong, the EQD Dispatch Master is a beautiful sounding pedal. The delay despite being digital is warm sounding. The reverb is great, but you're only stuck with a plate-style sound.

In the end, I've chosen three pedals for delay and reverb:

MXR Carbon Copy analog delay -> Seymour Duncan Deja Vu digital/analog delay with tap tempo -> TC Electronic Hall of Fame Reverb

If you can't make a Squier sing, you'll make a Fender fart.
vgp001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 18th, 2013, 08:22 AM   #6 (permalink)
Dog Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgp001 View Post
I seriously considered this pedal.

By itself it does what is advertized. But, for me I really wanted:

1. for delay - to have the ability to select between digital delay sound and analog, have the tap tempo option, add modulation...

2. for reverb - to be able to switch between different types of reverb

3. to be able to toggle each one on and off

Don't get me wrong, the EQD Dispatch Master is a beautiful sounding pedal. The delay despite being digital is warm sounding. The reverb is great, but you're only stuck with a plate-style sound.

In the end, I've chosen three pedals for delay and reverb:

MXR Carbon Copy analog delay -> Seymour Duncan Deja Vu digital/analog delay with tap tempo -> TC Electronic Hall of Fame Reverb
Hey, buddies
Sorry for the very delayed response. I got swamped at work.

I was doing some more thinking and wondering about the delay pedal I should get, and I was wondering since most of the players I like used analog /tape echo units, would I maybe be better off with an MXR Carbon Copy?

It’s hard for me to know, because I am relatively green when it comes to delays .

Old December 3rd, 2013, 08:19 AM   #7 (permalink)
Dog Whisperer

Hey, buddies
just an update for you..i thought carefully some more, and i decided to try for an Mxr Carbon Copy at Christmas when i have the final funds saved.
i thought it might be better to go analog and darker voiced delay since my amp is brighter in nature(Fender as compared to Marshall with EL34s or KTT 66s). And the simpler circuit would make it easier if needed repair.

Also, the Carbon Copy may allow me to get a Phase 90 script reissue too since i have saved my own $ the past 6th months and not bought any beer either. I don't like most beers even though i am old enough,lol.