Fender Stratocaster Guitar Forum

Warmoth.com Amplified Parts lacemusic.com seymourduncan.com

Go Back   Fender Stratocaster Guitar Forum > Other Discussion Forums > The Effect effect
Forgot Username/Password? Join Us!

The Effect effect Pedals and other Effects

Old June 15th, 2010, 09:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Stratmaster

One of the coolest, most diverse distortion pedal I have ever had

I just got a Radial Tonebone Classic last week. Its got a 12AX7 tube in it and I am quickly falling in love with it. This thing is really tweakable and the youtube vids dont do it justice. (not me playing but a review i found on youtube.) Its got midrange and highend adjustments, not to mention low, medium and high gain as well. Definitely worth checking out.

Old June 15th, 2010, 10:20 AM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Stratmaster

How does yours sound with your single coils versus the video's LP hums?
StratDen is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 16th, 2010, 11:36 AM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Stratmaster

It sounds great. Dig getting the many different levels of gain from one pedal. I think this pedal would sound good with any guitar.

Sponsored Links   #
Sponsored posting

Old June 17th, 2010, 12:37 AM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Stratmaster

Sounds cool! Couldn't help but notice that the guy admits he sold the pedal shortly after he made the video
I've been scoping out some of the real tube driven pedals for a while, only the prices have held the GAS in so far; the upside of that is it gives me plenty of time to check 'em all out until I can justify paying $200 or more on a boost/OD. I've had my eye on the Vox ToneLab, but all the digital stuff there scares a gear Neanderthal like me; The Tonebone looks like something even a caveman can work with, & at $50 less than the Blackstar Dual that had me GASsing a few months back...

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time & annoys the pig.
scotzoid is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 17th, 2010, 11:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
Strat-Talker

I've been very curious about the classic and the tri-mode tonebone. I've been using the pz-pre acoustic pre amp for over a year now and it's a very nice unit. I'm sure the other tonebone products are just as well thought out. Right now I'm getting by with a 30 year old DOD overdrive. Having additional control over the tone with the overdrive engaged would be great.
flat_twin is offline   Reply With Quote