Fender Stratocaster Guitar Forum

Warmoth.com Amplified Parts lacemusic.com seymourduncan.com

Go Back   Fender Stratocaster Guitar Forum > Main Stratocaster Guitar Discussion Forum > Non-Fender S-Type Guitar Forum
Forgot Username/Password? Join Us!

Notices

Non-Fender S-Type Guitar Forum Face not all "S-Type" guitars are from FMIC. Talk about yours here

Old March 21st, 2012, 06:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Strat-Talker

FGN Fujigen Neo Classic

I came across this guitar, it is a Fujigen Neo Classic stratocaster with FGN on the headstock which is the name they use for export. I haven't seen or heard of these before. The owner thinks it was made in the mid 90's. I'm thinking of buying it or seeing if I can trade with my Squier Venus vista series.
Does anyone know much about these gats? Tell me what you think.
Cheers.
Attached Thumbnails
FGN Fujigen Neo Classic-image-204568433.jpg  FGN Fujigen Neo Classic-image-1394125688.jpg  

NZdave is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 21st, 2012, 10:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
Strat-O-Master

Im no expert but think they only started using FGN on the headstock within last few years. I bought one last year and sold it recently to fund another purchase which was a mistake. FGN had the best neck I've ever played, should have just kept it and modded it.

If I come across a deal on one again and the stars align ill grab it.

Old March 21st, 2012, 10:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
Left is right!

They make a very good product. No question about that.

Sponsored Links   #
Sponsored posting

Old March 26th, 2012, 09:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Stratmaster

Don`t think thats one from the `90`s...I have catalogues from that decade and that logo isn`t in them...that logo came very recently...within the last 5/6 years maybe, I`d have to check...I see the brand in the local Shimamura shop. I own a couple of FGN`s...but they are from the early `00`s and they aren`t strats but different logo. I`d say the one in this thread is much later. The name isn`t only on exports either...where`d that come from?... I see them in this Japanese city. They do make some really nice guitars, their top ends are as good as anybody`s.
sneakypete is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 27th, 2012, 01:15 AM   #5 (permalink)
Strat-Talker

This one is in New Zealand, the current owner said he bought it new on a trip to Japan in the 90's.
Ho much do they go for brand new?

Old March 27th, 2012, 04:03 AM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Stratmaster

OK then.
I only know this ... that logo is not in any of my 1990`s Fujigen catalogues...at that time they used the FC logo. The FGN logo only showed up in my catalogues in the `00`s and has changed over the years. Sorry but I just don`t fell like going through all my catalogues to find the precise year, I just have too many from lots of different Japanese builders.

Old March 27th, 2012, 04:11 AM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Stratmaster

Whats the serial number? On mine, the first two digits are the year, my oldest is 2001...and I have some from 2002 and later...none are strats.

Old March 29th, 2012, 01:37 AM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Stratmaster

Nuthin`?

Old March 29th, 2012, 02:46 AM   #9 (permalink)
Strat-Talker

I asked the owner for the serial number and he still hasn't got back to me...

Old March 29th, 2012, 08:05 AM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Stratmaster

OK........

Old March 29th, 2012, 08:44 AM   #11 (permalink)
Strat-O-Master

One thing odd is the gold plated hardware. Again not that I'm an expert but it doesn't seem like something FGN would offer standard.

Last edited by essessH; March 29th, 2012 at 10:40 AM.
essessH is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 31st, 2012, 04:02 AM   #12 (permalink)
Senior Stratmaster

The headstock logo on the guitar that started this thread looks like the one seen on the OS-10TT models seen on the one page flyer I have from 2002 when they were introduced by the company...which came with the Timeless Timber maple neck...you might ask the seller if the guitar has that sticker on the back of the headstock too...all of mine do. I have a BATT-20TT from that series and it came with the custom shop certificate in the gig bag pocket which was standard for the guitars in that series...at least on the ones I have seen.

Old April 2nd, 2012, 11:03 PM   #13 (permalink)
Strat-Talker

I'm still waiting on the owner for more info, I hope he gets back to me soon otherwise ill start looking for a new guitar altogether.

Old April 3rd, 2012, 12:48 AM   #14 (permalink)
Senior Stratmaster

Not in a hurry to sell it is he?