Fender Stratocaster Guitar Forum

Warmoth.com Amplified Parts lacemusic.com seymourduncan.com

Go Back   Fender Stratocaster Guitar Forum > Other Discussion Forums > Pickup Forum
Forgot Username/Password? Join Us!

Notices

Pickup Forum Strat-talk.com's guitar pickup forum

Old February 10th, 2012, 08:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member!

Pickups Spacing for Neck Pickup in Blacktop

I've searched the internets, and I've found this question, but not the answer:

I have the Fender Blacktop Strat (dual humbuckers). I know the bridge pickup should be F-spaced. However, it is not clear to me whether or not the neck pickup should be F-spaced as well. I know a lot of people don't think it matters even on the bridge, but if the F-spaced pickup lines up better than a regular-spaced pickup, I'd rather get an F-spaced pickup.

To make my question as clear-and-concise as possible:
Do Fender neck pickups line up better with the strings if they are F-spaced or regular-spaced?

Sorry if I over-explained my question, any input is greatly appreciated, thanks.

Last edited by DaveyG; February 11th, 2012 at 02:15 PM. Reason: Typographical Errors
DaveyG is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 10th, 2012, 08:55 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyG View Post
I've searched the internets, and I've found this question, but not the answer:

I have Fender Blacktop Strat (dual humbuckers). I know the bridge pickup should be F-spaced. However, it is not clear to me whether or not the neck pickup should be F-spaced as well. I know a lot of people don't think it matters even on the bridge, but if one the F-spaced pickup lines up better than a regular-spaced pickup, I'd rather get an F-spaced pickup.

To make my question as clear-and-concise as possible:
Do Fender neck pickups line up better with the strings if they are F-spaced or regular-spaced?

Sorry if I over-explained my question, in input is greatly appreciated, thanks.
hey, man
if you measure from the polepiece on the low e side to the high e side one on the neck pickup, it would give you a ref. to the bridge F spaced one I think?

I know the bridge one should be F spaced to match the trem..It's why on EVH's original guitar it didn't match up...He used an old 60's Gibson 335 HB in it,lol.