Fender Stratocaster Guitar Forum

Warmoth.com Amplified Parts lacemusic.com seymourduncan.com

Go Back   Fender Stratocaster Guitar Forum > Main Stratocaster Guitar Discussion Forum > Squier Strat Forum
Forgot Username/Password? Join Us!

Notices

Squier Strat Forum Hear ye, hear ye, Discussith Squier Strats herein

Old November 8th, 2012, 08:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Putting a full size nut in an affinity

I see alot of conplaints about the narrow nut width on the affinity. I can't tell the difference but then again I didn't play alot when I had one. Isn't is possible to just change the nut to a standard one?

cagethelephant is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 8th, 2012, 08:53 AM   #2 (permalink)
Strat-Talker

I replaced the nut on my Affinity with one from a Bullet and it was much easier for me to play. The string spacing on the old nut had the e strings in about 3/16" from the edge of the fretboard. The new nut put them at about 1/8".
mkgearhead is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 8th, 2012, 09:55 AM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Stratmaster

Good question...
SethStratMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links   #
Sponsored posting

Old November 8th, 2012, 10:37 AM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Stratmaster

Yu see these things don't mean anything to me cos I only played whatever I got my hands on. And not being a guitar tech all those things are quite unimportant to me. I think having problems with all these things would just wind me up cos my guitars are probs all out of bonk, but thats how I know them. A tech would probably cry. But I really know no different.

I did do a full set up on my Strat the oher day after owning her for nearly a year, and I thoroughly enjoyed doing it. But the difference to me is nothing, but to the tone polie it's probs a 1000 times better. My affinity to me was just more of a strat than my Sunn was. Infact I didn't like my Sunn cos it was too fat the width of the body and yet when I got my Affinity i thought wow thats exactly like a strat. But infact my Sunn had the depth and the affinity didn't. It was ONLY when I got a real Strat I could tell the difference.

I still think the affinity is sexy and well ... The nut to me seems to be just fine. but what do I know about guitars ? Nish

BE WARNED Strat-Talk Gives you GAS
Tee H C is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 8th, 2012, 08:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
Strat-Talker

You absolutely can change the nut. Go to your local GC pick up a tusque nut and put her in. You'll have to sand the ends of course but quite a few guys have done it from here.