Fender Stratocaster Guitar Forum

Fender Stratocaster Guitar Forum (http://www.strat-talk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Squier Strat Forum (http://www.strat-talk.com/forum/squier-strat-forum/)
-   -   Lace Sensors For Strat (http://www.strat-talk.com/forum/squier-strat-forum/240593-lace-sensors-strat.html)

OnurTRKC July 20th, 2013 03:45 AM

Lace Sensors For Strat

Hi guys, I'm a newbie guitarist. I've played a cheap strat copy so far and im playing for 1 years now. I want to upgrade my gear, but I dont have too much money so, im planning to buy an used Squier Strat. I mainly play blues, usually overdriven. To improve my guitar, i'll get lace sensors. Im planning to put Burgundy to bridge, gold to middle and emerald to neck. I want fatty, well overdriven sound for bridge. And for Clean tones, I want Eric Clapton-ish sound. What are your opinions and suggestions about it? Thank you for your answers.

yanksbuddy July 20th, 2013 04:42 AM

I suggest you to buy something cheaper than those as you mentioned yourself as new,you do seem to have a great taste for music,if you want a Claptonish tone go for these guitarpartsonline.com/Pro-Series-Pickguard-EC-TBX-and-BCU-2008.htm

Easy on pocket and you get what you wanted.buy a black used squier and put that pickguard on it.

I ve been playing blues for 4 years now on a 100$ bullet strat but haven't felt the need to upgrade my guitar pickups.The secret of my guitar's tone is amp modeling software ;)
You can have a listen to my squier bullet here ;)
www.soundcloud.com/yuktarth-nagar

OnurTRKC July 20th, 2013 05:27 AM

Well, I don't know that kind of things. Is it comes with pickups? And which pickups on it? Excuse my English, İts not my native language.

fenderkev July 20th, 2013 07:21 AM

Lace Sensors are good pups and they won't hum nearly as much as the pups you have in your Squier. They are very versatile and do clean and overdrive well. They are expensive though, so I'd play with the stock Squier pups for a while first, as they're by no means bad sounding and you may like them enough to keep them.

Ralphed July 20th, 2013 07:42 AM

yanksbuddy

Nice stuff on the soundcloud.
ralphed

yanksbuddy July 20th, 2013 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnurTRKC (Post 1346661)
Well, I don't know that kind of things. Is it comes with pickups? And which pickups on it? Excuse my English, İts not my native language.

It comes with everything you need,pickups,electronics,you just need to solder the ground wires.The pickups are made by dragonfire which is a part of TNT custom guitars.

yanksbuddy July 20th, 2013 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ralphed (Post 1346705)
Nice stuff on the soundcloud.
ralphed

Thanks man!

Ausquier July 21st, 2013 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fenderkev (Post 1346695)
Lace Sensors are good pups and they won't hum nearly as much as the pups you have in your Squier. They are very versatile and do clean and overdrive well. They are expensive though, so I'd play with the stock Squier pups for a while first, as they're by no means bad sounding and you may like them enough to keep them.

Sage advice, that's where I'd start.

Bug10 July 22nd, 2013 03:23 PM

For now, you should look at guitarpartsonline.com and guitarfetish.com. They make great stuff, that isnt too expensive.

G Money July 23rd, 2013 03:29 PM

I have recently picked up 2 sets of sensors online - both from this forum, both for less than $100 shipped. I seriously love my hot golds. Quiet with great tone.

mikesta99 July 23rd, 2013 09:30 PM

I have a set of Lace Chrome Domes in my Home made strat and I love them

You will enjoy the pups if you get them, but get a feel for the pups in the guitar you get before you decide to buy a new set

You might like them

Julian658 August 4th, 2013 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yanksbuddy (Post 1347183)
Thanks man!

He tunes to fix the intonation of the guitar, but the ideas are awesome.

NEStrataholic August 4th, 2013 08:50 AM

You should also consider Rose Pickups. The Mariposas are $60 a set, boutique wound and sound really good. Ken has a whole lineup, all very, very reasonably priced.

dastratan August 4th, 2013 09:23 AM

I'm pretty sure Clapton uses all gold at least I know his signature custom shop strat comes with them

GordonRules24 August 4th, 2013 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dastratan
I'm pretty sure Clapton uses all gold at least I know his signature custom shop strat comes with them

Clapton hasn't used Lace Sensors in a long time. The Strats Todd Krause builds for him all have Fender Vintage Noiseless pickups. So do the Custom Shop Artist and regular Artist Series Eric Clapton models.

steve adams August 5th, 2013 04:57 AM

I would go the dragonfire route too. Inexpensive, and really well made pickups.