Fender Stratocaster Guitar Forum

Warmoth.com Amplified Parts lacemusic.com seymourduncan.com

Go Back   Fender Stratocaster Guitar Forum > Main Stratocaster Guitar Discussion Forum > Squier Strat Forum
Forgot Username/Password? Join Us!

Notices

Squier Strat Forum Hear ye, hear ye, Discussith Squier Strats herein

Old January 12th, 2011, 10:02 AM   #1 (permalink)
Strat-Talk Member

Squier Stagemaster

Found a Squier Stagemaster on my local Craigslist for $175. I don't know anything about them but it seems to be in great condition and is said to be a rare find. Is this true and is this a good buy or should I pass in ya'lls opinion? Thanks.

Old January 12th, 2011, 10:28 AM   #2 (permalink)
Strat-O-Master

they are not that rare,

if it was made in korea, it is more valuable then a made in china one.

also there were 24 fret versions, this one is not, and there were thru neck versions too, some had strat bridges some had floyd rose.

I picked up a china one for $80, I think $125-150 is reasonable for a china model. the thru neck korea made stagemasters sell for close to $300
Attached Thumbnails
Squier Stagemaster-stagemaster.jpg  
houseguitarshop is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 12th, 2011, 11:00 AM   #3 (permalink)
Strat-Talk Member

Thanks for the info houseguitarshop. I emailed the guy and he says it's from china and a bolt on neck. I think I'll just pass on that one but if I come across one of your korean beautys there, I may grab me one. I dig the odd stuff, you know? Thanks again.

Sponsored Links   #
Sponsored posting

Old January 12th, 2011, 11:25 AM   #4 (permalink)
Strat-O-Master

yeah pretty much all the japan stuff is great, there are a few great korea models too, like those thru neck stagemasters, the pro tones, and most the E serial guitars, they also made a HM (heavey metal) squier that was based off of fender HM series.

good choice to pass, it was not a seal price, like I said I paid $80s for a 24 fret bolt on neck stagemaster from china, its nice enough for $80, but I would have not paid anymore for it.

squier also had a showmaster model too, I dont know what the differance is.

I am not sure, but those thru neck korea stagemaster and showmaster might have been made at the same place as the fender showmaster.

I believe these squiers models were based off the fender showmaster

here are more pictures
Attached Thumbnails
Squier Stagemaster-showmaster.jpg  Squier Stagemaster-showmaster2.jpg  

Old January 12th, 2011, 11:30 AM   #5 (permalink)
Strat-O-Master

heres a HM squier

based off of fenders HM
Attached Thumbnails
Squier Stagemaster-hm.jpg  

Old January 12th, 2011, 02:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
Strat-Talk Member

Yeah, I'm finding that Squier had their hand in some interesting stuff. I also found an odd Squier from when Fender bought Guild/DeArmond. I thought this one was pretty cool just because it's a little different and there seems to be a little history lesson there. Sorry to get off the topic there. Thanks again for the info, though.

Last edited by valleybiker; January 12th, 2011 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Got off the original topic and felt kinda bad about it
valleybiker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 12th, 2011, 06:35 PM   #7 (permalink)
Strat-Talk Member

I bought a new stagemaster at guitar center in charlotte nc in 1999 for 179.00 bucks it was i great guitar and i wish i had it back.
little red is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 12th, 2011, 06:41 PM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Stratmaster

Don't forget the Heartfield Talon. Some good shredders there.
Ausquier is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 12th, 2011, 07:20 PM   #9 (permalink)
Strat-Talk Member

House. Ive seen that Purple one you have in your picture.
98strat is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 21st, 2011, 06:35 PM   #10 (permalink)
New Member!

hey i have one of these. is it possible to put a regular strat style trem/bridge on it. i actually think floyd rose is annoying as hell. i love metal, but im more into surf-shredding than metal shred. thanks
littlebigbangs is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 21st, 2011, 07:11 PM   #11 (permalink)
----------------------

I think it would take some work since it has a locking nut on it. I guess you could leave the locking nut on it. You will have to fill in the routing for the FR though. Not a weekend project
Krab is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 22nd, 2011, 09:47 AM   #12 (permalink)
New Member!

the locking nut is near the headstock right? thats gone actually. and what is "FR". it seems like you could fit it in there. theres enough space for sure, it just seems it would look a bit akward
littlebigbangs is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 22nd, 2011, 10:42 AM   #13 (permalink)
----------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebigbangs View Post
the locking nut is near the headstock right? thats gone actually. and what is "FR". it seems like you could fit it in there. theres enough space for sure, it just seems it would look a bit akward
FR is Floyd Rose
Krab is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 14th, 2011, 01:35 PM   #14 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by little red View Post
I bought a new stagemaster at guitar center in charlotte nc in 1999 for 179.00 bucks it was i great guitar and i wish i had it back.
Where was that one made lil red ?
DerrickP is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 19th, 2011, 09:20 AM   #15 (permalink)

I had a Korean made "Showmaster" by Fender, but it was a single pickup - Duncan design kind of thing with the neck through. It was painted silver metalflake and had a standard import spaced bridge in black chrome.
It sustained for ever and had a great sound but it was made out of MDF. (medium density fiber-board) or paper! if you can beleive it.
I am sure the neck and neck through feature was real wood but the rest was not wood at all.
I'd beware of painted bodies on such guitars in the future.
jflintmac is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 19th, 2011, 09:55 AM   #16 (permalink)
Strat-Talker

stagemaster

I have one and love it.
Attached Thumbnails
Squier Stagemaster-dsc01905.jpg  
Smack is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 19th, 2011, 10:11 AM   #17 (permalink)
Most Honored Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jflintmac View Post
I had a Korean made "Showmaster" by Fender, but it was a single pickup - Duncan design kind of thing with the neck through. It was painted silver metalflake and had a standard import spaced bridge in black chrome.
It sustained for ever and had a great sound but it was made out of MDF. (medium density fiber-board) or paper! if you can beleive it.
I am sure the neck and neck through feature was real wood but the rest was not wood at all.
I'd beware of painted bodies on such guitars in the future.
I've never seen a Squier product that was particle or fiberboard. Most Korean made Squiers had plywood bodies, but most of the neck through Showmaster's I've seen have had a maple neck through a Basswood body. Are you sure it was actually MDF and not just Basswood with a really fine grain? A lot of times Basswood is so lacking in grain figure it could almost be mistaken for particle board.
softwarejanitor is online now   Reply With Quote

Old June 19th, 2011, 10:29 AM   #18 (permalink)
Strat-Talker

mine seams to be ply, but heavy but it has a good neck.

Old June 19th, 2011, 06:57 PM   #19 (permalink)
Strat-Talk Member

I paid $100 for mine in flawless shape and a hard shell case. I love it! It's a 2000 hsh black on black and it has the best neck of any Fender product I have ever owned. The only downside is the pickups really suck noodles.
route66strat is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 19th, 2011, 07:32 PM   #20 (permalink)
Strat-Talker

All the stage masters I have seen on cl are around $200 and up I traded a Jackson dinky with symore duncan distortions in it, had about $250 in it but it was worth it to me .probably lost in the $ value but to me I got a better guitar.
Attached Thumbnails
Squier Stagemaster-dsc01868.jpg  

Last edited by Smack; June 19th, 2011 at 07:41 PM. Reason: add pict
Smack is offline   Reply With Quote