Fender Stratocaster Guitar Forum

Warmoth.com Amplified Parts lacemusic.com seymourduncan.com

Go Back   Fender Stratocaster Guitar Forum > Main Stratocaster Guitar Discussion Forum > Stratocaster Discussion Forum
Forgot Username/Password? Join Us!

Notices

Stratocaster Discussion Forum The Strat-talk.com Fender Stratocaster Discussion Forum

Old May 21st, 2012, 10:36 AM   #1 (permalink)
New Member!

Send-in Servicing and Repair

Hello all,

This is my first post, and I have tried to make certain that I am not repeating a previous thread so please forgive me if I am - I have an '04 Strat that I need to have some electronic work done to and an all-around set up after that. I live in a tiny town with no one that I would trust with doing this work and I was wondering if there were any recommended service shops that take guitars that are shipped to them ?

... Thanks

tstewa19 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 21st, 2012, 04:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
Strat-Talker

I just looked up E.TN on a map, and you're close to Nashville! 100's of luthiers to choose from.

Old May 21st, 2012, 04:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
Strat-Talk Member

You are probably closer to Gattlinburg or Knoxville. With shipping costs what they are (you would be paying both ways) it may be cheaper to drive somewhere.
Ampedusa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links   #
Sponsored posting

Old May 21st, 2012, 05:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Stratmaster

Have you considered having a go yourself?
Once you start, it's quite fun, and whilst not totally straight forward, is not beyond the scope of the average handyman.
Plenty of people on the forum to seek advice from, plus, you get to know your plank a lot better!
It's a bonding thing. I nearly bonded mine with a lump hammer several times!

Old May 21st, 2012, 05:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
Strat-Talk Member

make a stop in nashville. so many famous shops that can give it a good setup. It's the music capitol of the south, and working musicians need workin instruments.
MovingInSloMo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 22nd, 2012, 10:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
Strat-Talker

Yeah, seriously, If you can't get a great set up in Nashville, Where can you?!?!
Strat edgy is offline   Reply With Quote