Fender Stratocaster Guitar Forum

Warmoth.com Amplified Parts lacemusic.com seymourduncan.com

Go Back   Fender Stratocaster Guitar Forum > Main Stratocaster Guitar Discussion Forum > Stratocaster Discussion Forum
Forgot Username/Password? Join Us!

Notices

Stratocaster Discussion Forum The Strat-talk.com Fender Stratocaster Discussion Forum

Old June 6th, 2013, 09:24 AM   #1 (permalink)
Strat-Talker

Fender USA Nitro Satin Series Strat - Anybody have one?

Fender USA Nitro Satin Series Stratocaster Electric Guitar | GuitarCenter

These are going for 799.99. I am pretty sure it is a Guitar Center/MF exclusive run. It comes with the American Standard Pickups not the TX Specials I thought came with these a while back.

I played one a couple of weeks ago and that paticular example sounded and felt great. Probably should have followed my gut feeling and bought it.

Thinking about springing for one with the 15% off sale this weekend.

Anyways, wondering if any of you have owned one and your thoughts on it.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Fender USA Nitro Satin Series Strat - Anybody have one?-strat.jpg  

Textele is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 6th, 2013, 09:33 AM   #2 (permalink)
Strat-Talk Member

Played one, the finish on it is just gorgeous and the priced seemed fear... really liked it.

Almost seems like the replacement for the Highway 1's
Cruzvi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 6th, 2013, 09:43 AM   #3 (permalink)
Strat-Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzvi View Post
Played one, the finish on it is just gorgeous and the priced seemed fear... really liked it.

Almost seems like the replacement for the Highway 1's
Yes it has the same features, jumbo frets and what they call "nitro". I could care less about the finish but it does look great in person. I do prefer the pickups on this model and it comes with no-load tone pots.

I really liked the neck and the fact it had 22 jumbo frets. The one I played had excellent fret work. As good as I have ever seen on a production guitar.

Sponsored Links   #
Sponsored posting

Old June 7th, 2013, 02:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
Strat-Talker

Well I went and found one to play and was about to walk out with it......

Then I picked up a American Special Burst to try just for grins and it was the one that I left with. It was set up perfect and the TX Specials totally outshined the pups in the nitro satin to my ears. They were very similar guitars but the neck and pups on the Special swayed me quickly. The overall quality "feel" was quite measurable.

Maybe I just stumbled on a great one but this American Special is just plain magical to play and sounds even better. Very impressed and I am picky. I preferred it over the new American Standards even. But I like the Jumbo frets and the pickups much, much, better on the special for the way I play. Sounds like a Strat is supposed to sound!

No regrets on this one. I will post pics later but it is a two tone burst, everyone already knows what they look like.

Old June 12th, 2013, 05:50 PM   #5 (permalink)
New Member!

Unfortunately I saw this Strat listed at GC and it looked like a good deal.... 650 for a US made strat... But when you go to retrieve the store coupon there is a little link which takes you to "manufacturers that have opted out of this promotion".. or something to that effect. Anyway, Fender is listed there along with pretty much any guitar manufacturer you can think of.
zelnet is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 12th, 2013, 06:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
Strat-Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelnet View Post
Unfortunately I saw this Strat listed at GC and it looked like a good deal.... 650 for a US made strat... But when you go to retrieve the store coupon there is a little link which takes you to "manufacturers that have opted out of this promotion".. or something to that effect. Anyway, Fender is listed there along with pretty much any guitar manufacturer you can think of.
They (GC) will almost always honor it at the store level or if you call and talk to customer service.

At the time of my purchase Musicians Friend was doing a 15% off, free shipping, and no tax shipped here to Texas. With a price match guarantee and a little negotiating I walked out with my new American Special down from 899.99 to 680.00.

Old June 12th, 2013, 11:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
Strat-Talker

Why does this look exactly like the fsr american special with hand stained satin finish and American Standards from 2012?
turdsinmilk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 13th, 2013, 08:28 AM   #8 (permalink)
Strat-Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by turdsinmilk View Post
Why does this look exactly like the fsr american special with hand stained satin finish and American Standards from 2012?
I thought it was that series!? Same color, Amer. Special neck, etc.
'94 PRS McCarty
AndyK is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 13th, 2013, 10:41 AM   #9 (permalink)
Strat-Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyK View Post

I thought it was that series!? Same color, Amer. Special neck, etc.
Well the FSR's aren't that special if they just keep releasing the same guitar under a different 'name/series'...I assume fender is looking to do something with their stockpile of american standard pickups since they are no longer on the standard. Perhaps the FSR honey burst American Special was a test run so to speak...

But I'm happy with my 'FSR' Honeyburst Special... just switched the trem out to a blade runner, and am a little happier!
turdsinmilk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 28th, 2013, 11:19 AM   #10 (permalink)
New Member!

Well, I bought this guitar a week ago and so far, I'm very happy with it. Yes, it's missing a few of the features of the standard. But playability, tone and quality are top notch. I got what I believe is a really great deal from GC in Plymouth Meeting, PA. They set it up perfectly, made sure all was correct and I walked out the door for $680.00 plus tax. Pretty good deal in my estimation. I really like the color, didn't break the bank and it plays sweet. Whats not to like?
Just_Guild is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 2nd, 2013, 05:51 PM   #11 (permalink)
New Member!

I walked in to the Plymouth GC & saw that strat as you walk in ,so when I got home I ordered one from MF for $650,I also just one of the Plus Top sss & love it ,the pups are very full sounding ,the handstained will be here tomorrow, I sent back a 60 player strat with 69 pups(in exchange) which were to thin sounding compared to my other strats,hopefully the pups in the handstained will sound just as good as the Plus Top,I also put a GFS brass block in the Plus Top & didnt notice any diff. as the stock block is the newer heavier one,the GFS block weighs 70 grams more than the Fender stock one it replaced,the guitar had incredible sustain b4 the change & is still the same .
strat les sg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 2nd, 2013, 06:02 PM   #12 (permalink)
Senior Stratmaster

Love the finish, hate the headstock...looks like a dressed up american special too me.
Achyskic is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 2nd, 2013, 06:05 PM   #13 (permalink)
Senior Stratmaster

Would love this one. May try one out (permanently). Saw this at GC a while back. Great feel to it. Is this the same???
Attached Thumbnails
Fender USA Nitro Satin Series Strat - Anybody have one?-image-4114327968.jpg  

Last edited by Jfernan; July 2nd, 2013 at 06:44 PM.
Jfernan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 2nd, 2013, 06:15 PM   #14 (permalink)
New Member!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jfernan View Post
Would love this one. May try one out. Saw this at GC a while back. Great feel to it. Is this the same???
Yep thats it,they vary a lil in shade & woodgrain pattern,hopefully Ill get a good one tomorrow.
strat les sg is offline   Reply With Quote