Fender Stratocaster Guitar Forum

Warmoth.com Amplified Parts lacemusic.com seymourduncan.com

Go Back   Fender Stratocaster Guitar Forum > Main Stratocaster Guitar Discussion Forum > Stratocaster Discussion Forum
Forgot Username/Password? Join Us!

Stratocaster Discussion Forum The Strat-talk.com Fender Stratocaster Discussion Forum

Old April 22nd, 2010, 11:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Strat-Talk Member

Is the jeff beck custom shop version routed for HSS?

I have seen a jeff beck strat that plays so well, and so gorgeus that i am thinking of buying it..The problem is that i forgot to check is whether the customshop jeff beck is routed for HSS!! I wanna go back but its really far off (a few hours drive). So anyone have any ideas on whether the strat is routed for HSS like my other USA standard strats?

thanks alot
Cheers

nieveulv is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 23rd, 2010, 12:17 AM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Stratmaster

I don't understand.

Jeff Beck plays SSS. He does it amazingly well.

I can't imagine paying the money it takes to acquire his custom shop version, and then desecreating it by swapping humbucker into the guitar.
Blackmore Fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 23rd, 2010, 12:27 AM   #3 (permalink)
Strat-Talk Member

I forgot to mention, I loved that guitar because its the best strat I ever played, not because of the jeff beck on the headstock hehe. Thanks
And I want an all in one guitar, and this strat is soo nice to play!!

Sponsored Links   #
Sponsored posting

Old April 23rd, 2010, 12:54 AM   #4 (permalink)
Strat-Talker

Every guitar is different, granted all of the signature series guitars are top notch, but it might just have been that that one guitar was a special one. My point is that you should try multiple Strats with a humbucker already in the saddle and find one that has that magic, but don't take a future collectors item and jack it up.

I'm a Strat player from way back and all of mine have single coils because that is what a Strat is to me anyways. My Gibson's have humbuckers in them. If you want one with a double coil, that's fine but Fender makes Strats already set up this way that are not all that different then the Beck Strat. If you did that to a Beck Strat you would officially be a dufus.

Not to be to harsh but would you take a Slash or Page model Gibson Les Paul and replace its signature pickups with some single coil pickups. Nuf said.

Old April 23rd, 2010, 01:39 AM   #5 (permalink)
Strat-Talk Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratmanR2S View Post
Every guitar is different, granted all of the signature series guitars are top notch, but it might just have been that that one guitar was a special one. My point is that you should try multiple Strats with a humbucker already in the saddle and find one that has that magic, but don't take a future collectors item and jack it up.

I'm a Strat player from way back and all of mine have single coils because that is what a Strat is to me anyways. My Gibson's have humbuckers in them. If you want one with a double coil, that's fine but Fender makes Strats already set up this way that are not all that different then the Beck Strat. If you did that to a Beck Strat you would officially be a dufus.

Not to be to harsh but would you take a Slash or Page model Gibson Les Paul and replace its signature pickups with some single coil pickups. Nuf said.
Thanks for the advice My other strat is HSS and sounder great but the playibility was the factor..Thats why this "specific" jeff beck strat was soo nice to play on, and i would like to replace my strat with this jeff beck strat (because its a superb strat, not because of a jeff beck on the headstock)

Therefore, i would replace the original pickguard with a HSS one, and change it back if it is necesary (because i already have a wonderful HSS pickup and pickguard)

Due to not wanting to route the guitar, i just wanted to ask whether the jeff beck is prerouted to have a swimming pool route to fit in humbuckers.

thanks all

Old April 23rd, 2010, 09:54 AM   #6 (permalink)
Strat-O-Master

The Fender Jeff Beck Signature Stratocaster guitar body is routed for HSH pickups. You won't have to make any modifications to the body if you're going to replace the pickguard/pickup assembly with a humbucker. Keep the original pickups, etc. to swap back whenever (if) you sell.
harrysmo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 23rd, 2010, 10:37 AM   #7 (permalink)
Strat-Talk Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrysmo View Post
The Fender Jeff Beck Signature Stratocaster guitar body is routed for HSH pickups. You won't have to make any modifications to the body if you're going to replace the pickguard/pickup assembly with a humbucker. Keep the original pickups, etc. to swap back whenever (if) you sell.
Thanks alot Thats what i wanted to know :D Anyway, ive already gone ahead and bought the guitar :D Wow absolutely gorgeous guitar!!! Will post some pics later

Old April 23rd, 2010, 11:13 PM   #8 (permalink)
Strat-Talker

How about a stacked high output pickup or one of though's small humbuckers that fit in a single coil space that way you could have the best of both worlds. Same appearence but still get the humbucker tone.

Old April 24th, 2010, 01:23 AM   #9 (permalink)
Strat-Talk Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratmanR2S View Post
How about a stacked high output pickup or one of though's small humbuckers that fit in a single coil space that way you could have the best of both worlds. Same appearence but still get the humbucker tone.
Thanks, but already mentioned, i have a HSS loaded pickguard ready for use..so i do not want to waste more money on the blade pickups

However, as im already in love with the guitar, i wont bother changing the pickups "for now"

Old April 25th, 2010, 05:51 AM   #10 (permalink)
Strat-Talk Member

Oke, for the first time today i opened the pickguard, and the answer is...... Its routed for SSS no HSH routing in a custom shop is the answer my friend told me..so SSS it goess