Fender Stratocaster Guitar Forum

Warmoth.com Amplified Parts lacemusic.com seymourduncan.com

Go Back   Fender Stratocaster Guitar Forum > Main Stratocaster Guitar Discussion Forum > Stratocaster Discussion Forum
Forgot Username/Password? Join Us!

Notices

Stratocaster Discussion Forum The Strat-talk.com Fender Stratocaster Discussion Forum

Old January 21st, 2011, 04:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
Strat-O-Master

Which end of the strap attaches to the back pin?

Silly question but is there a right way to connect the strap to a guitar. I ask because it seems more natural to have the thick end of the strap at the back and thin at the front. The only problem with this is that the buckle in the strap, although not that proud of the strap, comes into contact with the back of the guitar and could damage the finish. If it was attached to the front it won't touch the body of the guitar. What's the correct way? Thanks in advance.

miurasv is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 21st, 2011, 04:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
Dark Cabaret

Quote:
Originally Posted by miurasv View Post
Silly question but is there a right way to connect the strap to a guitar. I ask because it seems more natural to have the thick end of the strap at the back and thin at the front. The only problem with this is that the buckle in the strap, although not that proud of the strap, comes into contact with the back of the guitar and could damage the finish. If it was attached to the front it won't touch the body of the guitar. What's the correct way? Thanks in advance.
That's how I've always done it and seen it done.

I'm not sure what you mean by the buckle in the strap. The buckle in my straps is on my back or near my shoulder usually.

Old January 21st, 2011, 04:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
Strat-O-Master

I think it is personal preference. I have seen people do it both ways... but i like it with the thick part closest to the neck. When i do that i use the second hole (on the back), to put on first then the second one on and use the little loop, that is a result, for a place for the cord to go through. I will post pics in a sec...
*Fender MIM Candy Apple Red Standard Strat with a maple neck (S-S-S) '09 *Peavey ValveKing 112 *Squier Classic Vibe 50's Strat in 2TSB with Gold Hardware *Fender CD-60 Dreadnought (sunburst) *BOSS GT-8
tims437 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links   #
Sponsored posting

Old January 21st, 2011, 05:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
Dark Cabaret

After reading the second reply I've got to say I think it depends on what kind of strap you're using. I have a feeling all 3 of us have different kinds of straps.

Do what feels comfortable, there's no right or wrong answer.

(*I am a big advocate of strap-locks however. Sucks when your guitar hits the floor.)

Old January 21st, 2011, 05:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
Strat-O-Master

Skinny end on the front strap button? Seriously? Where do you put all your ammo then?

dmuncaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 21st, 2011, 05:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
Strat-Talker

Whichever is the most comfortable.
Bro Blue is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 21st, 2011, 05:12 PM   #7 (permalink)
Strat-Talker

The adjustment buckle side should be on the bottom button of the guitar. With most straps, putting the strap on backwards would put the buckle on your shoulder, not comfortable. Where the adjustment buckle actually ends up on the strap length will depend on how long a strap you get and how low you sling your axe. If you are a hung to the knees knuckle dragger, and you are afraid the buckle will rash up your guitar body, you could look for a longer strap.
busted-e-again is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 21st, 2011, 05:22 PM   #8 (permalink)
Strat-O-Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malikon View Post
After reading the second reply I've got to say I think it depends on what kind of strap you're using. I have a feeling all 3 of us have different kinds of straps.

Do what feels comfortable, there's no right or wrong answer.

(*I am a big advocate of strap-locks however. Sucks when your guitar hits the floor.)
I agree!!! Never happened to me though... luckily

I also like strap locks and for the method i stated, you have to have them.
*Fender MIM Candy Apple Red Standard Strat with a maple neck (S-S-S) '09 *Peavey ValveKing 112 *Squier Classic Vibe 50's Strat in 2TSB with Gold Hardware *Fender CD-60 Dreadnought (sunburst) *BOSS GT-8
tims437 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 21st, 2011, 05:27 PM   #9 (permalink)
Custom Shop Cat

I got to go with whatever works for the player. The hell with what looks cool, do what works for you and stick with it.
sevycat is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 21st, 2011, 05:50 PM   #10 (permalink)
Dark Cabaret

Ah likes ta wrap some clothsline 'round my git-tar pins. Holds'er right proper.

*spits*