Fender Stratocaster Guitar Forum

Warmoth.com Amplified Parts lacemusic.com seymourduncan.com

Go Back   Fender Stratocaster Guitar Forum > Main Stratocaster Guitar Discussion Forum > Stratocaster Discussion Forum
Forgot Username/Password? Join Us!

Stratocaster Discussion Forum The Strat-talk.com Fender Stratocaster Discussion Forum

Old May 9th, 2011, 05:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member!

Strats made in China

Does anyone know anything about the Stratocasters that are made in China?

shreddocaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 9th, 2011, 05:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
----------------------

The Squier CV are and they are great guitars.
fenson is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 9th, 2011, 05:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Stratmaster

The CV Squiers are great guitars !
AncientAx is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links   #
Sponsored posting

Old May 9th, 2011, 05:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
----------------------

A link to the Classic Vibe (CV)owners club

http://www.strat-talk.com/forum/guit...ners-club.html

Old May 9th, 2011, 06:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
Strat-O-Master

The Squier Stratocasters are excellent guitars. Like many here I think the Classic Vibes are fabulous.
miurasv is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 9th, 2011, 06:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
Strat-O-Master

Yep I've got 3 of them!!
CapeRR is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 9th, 2011, 06:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
New Member!

I have a Squier strat made in India. Its awsome. I want to get a CV 60s
shreddocaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 10th, 2011, 08:00 AM   #8 (permalink)
Strat-Talker

Went to Guitar Denter and checked out Chinese Strats just last night. The Classic Vibe 60's Strat is stellar. High quality, good alnico pickups and a great neck. Seemed expensive for a Chinese Strat.

The Affinity's were all over the place. A tad heavy and the neck profiles were slightly different on each guitar. The necks were too skinny for me.

The Bullet series were nice & light. The bodies were about 41mm thick instead of the standard 41mm. This made them light weight and a little more resonant acoustically. The necks varied a lot in thickness but the frets were excellent. The best one left in the store was pink and because of that, I held off. The Bullet is the most bang for the buck.

Squier Standard - good quality and alnico pickups. I didn't like the large headstock and skinny neck.

Gary
GaryM is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 10th, 2011, 08:17 AM   #9 (permalink)
Strat-O-Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryM View Post
Went to Guitar Denter and checked out Chinese Strats just last night. The Classic Vibe 60's Strat is stellar. High quality, good alnico pickups and a great neck. Seemed expensive for a Chinese Strat.

The Affinity's were all over the place. A tad heavy and the neck profiles were slightly different on each guitar. The necks were too skinny for me.

The Bullet series were nice & light. The bodies were about 41mm thick instead of the standard 41mm. This made them light weight and a little more resonant acoustically. The necks varied a lot in thickness but the frets were excellent. The best one left in the store was pink and because of that, I held off. The Bullet is the most bang for the buck.

Squier Standard - good quality and alnico pickups. I didn't like the large headstock and skinny neck.

Gary
I'm quite surprised you think the 'stellar' CV60 'seemed expensive for a Chinese Strat' given the 'high quality, good alnico pickups and a great neck.'

Old May 10th, 2011, 11:03 AM   #10 (permalink)
Strat-Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by miurasv View Post
I'm quite surprised you think the 'stellar' CV60 'seemed expensive for a Chinese Strat' given the 'high quality, good alnico pickups and a great neck.'
At $350, I would probably opt for a used MIM Standard. It's my price break point.

YMMV
GaryM is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 10th, 2011, 12:20 PM   #11 (permalink)
Most Honored Senior Member

Quote:
At $350, I would probably opt for a used MIM Standard. It's my price break point.

YMMV
You can't really compare used vs. new... except for the fact that you hardly ever see a CV for sale used. There is a huge glut of MIMs on the used market lately.

The thing these days is that the CV actually seems equal to an MIM Standard in quality and it is feature wise more "vintage like". The comparable vintage featured MIMs are usually more expensive, although they seem to take more of a hit when they show up used. Anyway, I prefer the alnico pickups of the CV... and both of them need a new full size steel trem block...
softwarejanitor is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 10th, 2011, 12:25 PM   #12 (permalink)
----------------------

Quote:

YMMV
When did they start making the MIM in China thought the thread was about MIC strats .

How about a used CV they come in at 200-250

Old May 10th, 2011, 02:06 PM   #13 (permalink)
Strat-Talk Member

My 50's CV is a truly wonderful sounding and playing guitar. The only penalty is the decal on the headstock and bargain basement price. You don't often see them 2nd hand very often, because their usually a "keeper."
JuSteve is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 10th, 2011, 02:16 PM   #14 (permalink)
Strat-O-Master

Quote:

YMMV
I think really it would have been fairer for you to say that $350 is more than you want to spend rather than saying the CV is expensive new at $350. It's the best bang for buck Stratocaster ever made.

Old May 10th, 2011, 02:57 PM   #15 (permalink)
Left is right!

The CV's, by all reports, are great (I can't try them as they won't make any lefties!). The other Chinese Squiers are up and down the scale; some good, some less good.

I do really like the CII (Indonesian) Squiers for quality and build. Same basic price point.

Old May 10th, 2011, 03:02 PM   #16 (permalink)
----------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuSteve View Post
My 50's CV is a truly wonderful sounding and playing guitar. The only penalty is the decal on the headstock and bargain basement price. You don't often see them 2nd hand very often, because their usually a "keeper."
In the last year i have bought 3 used and they is another in my local want ads . I have sold 2 myself , and there is a P-Bass F/S colse by. Also a number of them have passed through the classifieds here as well.

Often you can get one thats been modded. I got a CAR 60 with Fender F neck plate, Callaham block and saddles , CTS pots and Oak 5way , orange drop cap . with a old moulded case for 350 .
The CV 50 I have stock was 220.

Old May 10th, 2011, 03:15 PM   #17 (permalink)
Senior Stratmaster

I've got a classic vibe. Great guitar. Generally regarded as best guitar for the money. Cheap, Fantastic build quality, AlNiCo pickups standard, Thin, Fast neck, all around GREAT guitar. A real strat for a good price!
BHighkin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 10th, 2011, 03:32 PM   #18 (permalink)
Senior Stratmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tele like it is View Post
The CV's, by all reports, are great (I can't try them as they won't make any lefties!). The other Chinese Squiers are up and down the scale; some good, some less good.

I do really like the CII (Indonesian) Squiers for quality and build. Same basic price point.
As a lefty, with a lefty flipped CV 50's I can say they are great, no they're not great, they're incredible. Sometimes you just have to make sacrifices.
Stratoholic is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 10th, 2011, 03:40 PM   #19 (permalink)
Left is right!

Been making sacrafices since I started playing... Which is why I started building!

Old May 10th, 2011, 04:08 PM   #20 (permalink)
Senior Stratmaster

Love my MIC CV, and I gotta say I was also astonished at the quality of construction, fit and fretwork on my gf's Bullet Strat. Hardware on the Bullet is not great, but it works well enough on a guitar that was £70 new!
Astro1176 is offline   Reply With Quote