Fender Stratocaster Guitar Forum

Warmoth.com Amplified Parts lacemusic.com seymourduncan.com

Go Back   Fender Stratocaster Guitar Forum > Other Discussion Forums > Tab & Music Forum
Forgot Username/Password? Join Us!

Tab & Music Forum Post TAB, or discuss music in theory or practice

Old May 3rd, 2012, 10:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
Strat-Talk Member

Is Jamplay.com legit?

I've been looking into lesson websites. Im in the Army and old fasioned in person lessons arent realistic for me. Scheduling is a nightmare. I took lessons for about a year and a half befor i joined the army 7 years ago and my playing has more or less been stagnant since then, or maybe deteriorated a little. Does anyone has experience with this sort of thing? Ive been doing the youtube thing but I want more.

eselkopf1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 3rd, 2012, 11:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
Strat-Talker

jam play is great-live lessons -songs -pre recorded lessons on anytrhing u want-really got me from want to be in band to being in band getting paid-2 thumbs up.

Old May 5th, 2012, 07:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
Strat-Talk Member

Groovy Music Lessons - GROOVY MUSIC LESSONS

Look into Scott Grove's lessons. He has got a lot of stuff $49.95 and you can download all his stuff. Or what I did was buy all his lessons on a hard drive, easier with my slow DSL. He's a really entertaining guy and breaks things down.
Morty76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links   #
Sponsored posting

Old May 8th, 2012, 03:38 PM   #4 (permalink)

I briefly used Jamplay through a trial subscription I got. It was decent enough and the pricing seemed fair if you think you'll use it enough.

There are a lot of free lessons out there (you can cull through ULTIMATE GUITAR TABS ARCHIVE | 300,000+ Guitar Tabs, Bass Tabs, Chords and Guitar Pro Tabs! and find some decent stuff) but it sounds like you're looking for something a bit more professional.

For pay-lessons/tab/etc I personally like Guitar Tabs, Online Guitar Video Lessons, Songs, Scales, Chords, Jam Tracks, and More! ) They've got a good selection, reasonable pricing and an easy to use interface.
Mouse is online now   Reply With Quote

Old May 11th, 2012, 04:41 AM   #5 (permalink)
Strat-Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morty76 View Post
Groovy Music Lessons - GROOVY MUSIC LESSONS

Look into Scott Grove's lessons. He has got a lot of stuff $49.95 and you can download all his stuff. Or what I did was buy all his lessons on a hard drive, easier with my slow DSL. He's a really entertaining guy and breaks things down.
Thank you very much my friend! I'm glad you are enjoying all of the lessons!
Scott
ITSGOTQUACK is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 16th, 2012, 12:00 AM   #6 (permalink)
Strat-Talker

Based on what I read in this thread, I went ahead and downloaded one of Scott's videos just for fun. I must say I thoroughly enjoyed it. Definitely worth the $4 and then some. I'll be downloading more in the future for sure.
StratsRock is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 16th, 2012, 02:25 AM   #7 (permalink)
Strat-Talker

Based on the recommendation I also bought all the videos from Scott's video and he is awesome......... I really enjoyed his teaching and man he can play... Thanks again Strat Talk for helping me be a better player....

Old May 19th, 2012, 09:48 AM   #8 (permalink)
Strat-O-Master

I've been a member of Truefire for a while now and really like their offering. They have a wide variety of lessons in different styles and approaches. They really have some top notch instructors. They are currently putting together a set of lessons from Robben Ford.

I was intrigued by the Scott Grove lessons mentioned above. Especially for the piano lessons. May have to try that one out.
dleuen is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 28th, 2012, 05:45 AM   #9 (permalink)
Strat-Talk Member

Recently I found Griff Hamlin's site,

How To Play Blues Guitar With Blues Guitar Unleashed | Blues Guitar Lessons and DVD

and he's pretty good. He gives online lessons and tabs to accompany them.

You can sign up for free and he sends stuff to your email pretty often (FREE!) or you can buy his course material.

I'm not associated with Griff in any way, but I've learned some things from him and it's well done IMO.
danagos is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 1st, 2012, 12:05 AM   #10 (permalink)
Strat-O-Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by eselkopf1 View Post
Does anyone has experience with this sort of thing? Ive been doing the youtube thing but I want more.
justinguitar.com

complete and structured beginners and intermediate course. Soloing, scales, Jazz, blues, Rock and metal etc.

All Free.
Drubbing is offline   Reply With Quote