Fender Stratocaster Guitar Forum

Warmoth.com Amplified Parts lacemusic.com seymourduncan.com

Go Back   Fender Stratocaster Guitar Forum > Other Discussion Forums > Tech-Talk
Forgot Username/Password? Join Us!

Notices

Tech-Talk Strat nuts and bolts talk goes here

Old August 30th, 2012, 01:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
Strat-Talk Member

Can I convert my pop-in arm trem to a screw-in arm trem by changing the block?

I have this trem from GFS: http://http://www.guitarfetish.com/Wilkinson-Vintage-Tremolo-Pop-In-Arm-with-Block_p_897.html#

Can't stand the pop-in arm and I want to replace it with a screw in one. Can this be accomplished by changing the block to a block that accommodates a screw in arm? Or would I have to replace the baseplate as well (in which case I'd just buy a new unit)?

Also, does anyone know the string spacing on the model that I linked to? I remember it being something other than 2 7/32 but I'm not sure...

Thanks.

adam2043 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 3rd, 2012, 08:50 AM   #2 (permalink)
Strat-Talker

I believe so, if you get the right one. Call them up and ask them. Jay or Dave will tell you for sure.
Jeepocaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 3rd, 2012, 09:43 AM   #3 (permalink)
Strat-Talk Member

Yes...start here to find the measurements for your guitar. Their replacements are some of the most expensive but they are top of the line.

http://www.callahamguitars.com/
Fender bob is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links   #
Sponsored posting