Fender Stratocaster Guitar Forum

Warmoth.com Amplified Parts lacemusic.com seymourduncan.com

Go Back   Fender Stratocaster Guitar Forum > Other Discussion Forums > Tech-Talk
Forgot Username/Password? Join Us!

Notices

Tech-Talk Strat nuts and bolts talk goes here

Old April 6th, 2013, 06:07 AM   #1 (permalink)
New Member!

Super Switch Wiring Diagram

Looking around the net, without much success, trying to find a wiring diagram for simply replacing the standard 5 way strat switch with a super switch to give series wiring on positions 2 and 4, and a simple volume and tone or just using the standard strat wiring.

Most schematics seem to show things like push-pull pots and other things, I just want standard strat pickups individually, then thicker tones when using two pickups.

In other words, just replacing the 5 way with the super switch.

Can anyone help, please?

Cheers

Old April 6th, 2013, 01:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
Strat-Talker

I believe you would still have to use a toggle or push/pull switch to achieve what your looking for. I'm not that knowledgeable with this stuff but someone like JohnDH will be able to help you more. Here is a schematic for series with a super switch but it also call for a toggle.

Here is the wiring setup that I am using now. It only requires a push/pull pot and gives you tone control for the bridge pickup too.

Check out this site as it has all kinds of schematics- Phostenix Wiring Diagrams
bswann is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 6th, 2013, 06:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
Strat-O-Master

Actually, if you consider BSwanns first diagram and look at the toogle down set of options, it is exactly what you want. so if you dont want the parallel options, the toggle can be omitted and the wires connected appropriately.

On the ex-toggle, omit the blue and black wires and connect the yellow from the M pup to the green

It is a quite good idea to have no tone control in the series modes, since it takes load off the pickups making them clearer, but you can have a master tone instead - a no load pot would be perfect.

John
JohnDH is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links   #
Sponsored posting

Old April 6th, 2013, 07:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
Strat-O-Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDH View Post
It is a quite good idea to have no tone control in the series modes, since it takes load off the pickups making them clearer, but you can have a master tone instead - a no load pot would be perfect.
John
+1 Mr. John
I might have bought one of those Fenders with S1 switch and series wiring a few years back if they'd had that feature. Never could dig how dark the series sounds were compared to the individual pickups.
OwnYourTone is offline   Reply With Quote