Fender Stratocaster Guitar Forum

Warmoth.com Amplified Parts lacemusic.com seymourduncan.com

Go Back   Fender Stratocaster Guitar Forum > Other Discussion Forums > Tech-Talk
Forgot Username/Password? Join Us!

Notices

Tech-Talk Strat nuts and bolts talk goes here

Old April 9th, 2011, 12:42 AM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Stratmaster

PUSH/PULL POT wiring? Also, what are some good pots?

I'm thinking of further upgrading my strat. Can somebody tell me how to wire it with a push/pull volume pot to get pickups routed in paralell and series without a third wire?
Also, what are the best 250k tone pots?

BHighkin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 9th, 2011, 02:17 AM   #2 (permalink)
i know nothing

why push pull? they are a pain to switch. a push push is just a tap. it is infinitely easier to use.
louis cyfer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 9th, 2011, 03:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Stratmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by louis cyfer View Post
why push pull? they are a pain to switch. a push push is just a tap. it is infinitely easier to use.
whatever. I honestly don't care. But what I was thinking was that one pot would switch them between series/paralell, and the tone pots would be so that I could bypass them completely and go straight to the volume pot from middle and neck pickups.

Sponsored Links   #
Sponsored posting

Old April 9th, 2011, 03:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
-----------------------

With an SSS setup, it won't be as easy as just one push/pull for a combo in series. I know of one schematic that does away with the lever switch and uses I think 5 dpdt switches, one on/off for each pickup, a series/parallel switch and and a swith to select the neck/mid or mid/bridge combo while in series
stratphobic is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 9th, 2011, 08:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Stratmaster

After looking into it, it seems like it would be easier to have an individual push/pull pot to add each pickup. If I had only the bridge pickup on, I could push/pull the tone pot for either the neck or middle to add them in series. I was also thinking of adding a special tone capacitor to be switched on by the volume pot. Any suggesgions for this?