Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

’65 PRRI speaker recommendations

Discussion in 'Amp Input - Normal or Bright' started by Rob Moreno, Jan 31, 2019.

1. The-Kid

The-Kid Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Feb 15, 2014
    SO CAL USA
    Also regarding Vintage. No two amplifiers sound alike and its a hit or miss due to the age and lower tolerence on caps and resisters.

Its kind of like a crap shoot.

PCB and modern components make for more consistent and higher quality amps in general than any vintage.

Vintage schmintage....

Rob Moreno likes this.
  2. The Strat Dude

The Strat Dude Posy rules! Strat-Talk Supporter

Are you arguing with yourself again?:D

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
    Paperback Rocker and rolandson like this.
  3. The Strat Dude

The Strat Dude Posy rules! Strat-Talk Supporter

93-Strat likes this.
  4. thebowl

thebowl Strat-Talk Member

Apr 9, 2014
    New Jersey
    I can review the following:

1. Stock Jensen C10 - underrated, IMO. I wouldn't buy an upgrade until I broke it in and appreciated what it sounds like broken in.
    2. Eminence 1058 - A noticeable improvement over the Jensen. Well matched to a PRRI. Very "American" sounding.
    3. Eminence Allesandro 10" (GA SC64?)- The best ceramic of the ones I have tried. Slightly more mids than the 1058. Super clear and distinct. Highly recommended.
    4. JBL E110. Very mid-range forward. Perfect if you play a Strat and want to compensate for its thin sound.
    5. JBL D110. Assuming you can find one in decent shape, it will sound REALLY nice. JBLs were available upgrades for Fender amps in the 60s and 70s, IINM. There are a lot of alnico speakers being made today that are attempts to match the sound from a JBL.

Rob Moreno likes this.
  5. Rob Moreno

Rob Moreno Strat-O-Master

May 28, 2017
    Tokyo
    D6F4931B-794D-4163-BF80-227B0C2B433D.jpeg Thanks for all the suggestions and insights. I ended up buying a used blonde PRRI FSR in near mint condition. This one has a Jensen P10R instead of the P10Q that the fudge brownie has. Since it’s my first PR I’ll keep it stock for a while until I get used to the sound and then decide if I should upgrade the speaker.

Paperback Rocker likes this.