Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

1 owner/non player American vintage 62 he removed the headstock logo!!! UPDATE

Discussion in 'DIY Strat Forum' started by bh0421, Jun 13, 2018.

1. bh0421

bh0421 Strat-Talk Member

Feb 22, 2017
    Anonymous
    IMG_1028.JPG IMG_1029.JPG IMG_1030.JPG IMG_1027.JPG So a quick update: I followed the online instructions given by a member direct from the Fender website for a headstock logo issue. I figured since guitar center is one of the biggest Fender dealers in the world so if anyone was going to get anywhere it would be them. They seemed skeptical from the get go but I had all the pictures, the pencil etching of the neck plate serial number, and all the accessories/ original case. It took about a month and I got a call that the logo had been issued to guitar center. They only had one tech that was Fender certified and he was the only person allowed to apply it. There was no charge for the logo but I was charged a service fee of $75. A week later I got the call it was ready. It turned out great! The tech said he had to document the whole process for Fender from start to finish. He can't believe that Fender actually issued out a headstock logo. He told me my saving grace was the fact its an American vintage and not a standard. Im sure it burns some of you to know I used guitar center but when it comes to leveraging a manufacturer the best place to go is there biggest account. They could of told me no way and to take a hike but the customer service manager was awesome. Im so glad I sought help on this forum instead of trying to find a logo myself.

2. Guy Named Sue

Guy Named Sue Beer me up Scotty Strat-Talk Supporter

Feb 11, 2015
    Terra Incognito
    I told you it would work! Enjoy that thing!

bh0421 likes this.

3. ChukkerNation

ChukkerNation Senior Stratmaster

Apr 9, 2015
    Magrathea
    Looks great. I’ve had good luck with GCs.

bh0421 likes this.

4. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Jul 28, 2011
    Pawnee, Indiana
    good call. I wouldn't risk putting an aftermarket logo on a guitar like that. Can seriously hurt value.

bh0421 likes this.

5. nungesser

nungesser running with the moonshine dogs Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 28, 2014
    Ireland
    wow that's cool, if you were ever to sell it you have some interesting providence that makes yours stick out from the crowd, I like your fender guitar mat neat,

bh0421 likes this.

6. stratman323

stratman323 Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 21, 2010
    London, UK
    Interesting. Thanks for the update.

7. bluejazzoid

bluejazzoid Strats Amore Strat-Talk Supporter

Aug 14, 2009
    Southeast USA
    That rocks! Nice to see a good outcome.

8. medicchief

medicchief Strat-Talker Strat-Talk Supporter

Feb 10, 2018
    Arkansas
    Very nice! You got lucky, or talked to the right person. I spoke with Fender about the headstock logo on a Strat of mine. The previous owner had only removed the Made In Mexico, that was under the Fender logo. The Fender rep apologized and said they don't reissue logos or replace them. In other words, no help. It may have been that it wasn't as valuable as your guitar, I don't know. I had previously chatted with guitarmageddon and he was right; "Fender will not help whatsoever with replacement decals.....you won't ever be able to match it". It's all good though and I'm happy for you!

Last edited: Jun 18, 2018

9. stratman323

stratman323 Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 21, 2010
    London, UK
    Sadly, this is the end result that seems to be most common with Fender - go away, we won't help you. Quite why there is clearly such an inconsistency is hard to work out.

10. CyFan4036

CyFan4036 Strat-Talker

Mar 22, 2018
    Iowa
    And at least one reason why there is such a big market for aftermarket decals.