Warmoth.com ad space available darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups ad space available Reilander Pickups

Warmoth.com ad space available darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups Reilander Pickups

Warmoth.com ad space available darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups Reilander Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Sale or Trade 1982 AVRI '62 Stratocaster (for possible sale / trade)

Discussion in 'Guitars for Sale, Trade or Wanted' started by DABrault, Jan 10, 2017.

1. DABrault

DABrault Senior Stratmaster

Apr 21, 2010
    Virginia USA
    Just putting the feelers out there for now to see what others are willing trade or pay for my neck dated Dec 1982 '62 RI Strat. The only issue I can find is the frets could maybe use a dressing however it still plays fantastic! Case is included as backplate w/ screws and replacement strap buttons. Everything is original except for (according to the seller) the pickguard.
    Please let me know if you have any questions!

-Dave
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

dueducs likes this.
  2. gl4bj6

gl4bj6 Strat-Talk Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Taiwan
    Weight and price?
    Thanks

3. ocean

ocean Most Honored Senior Member

Apr 14, 2015
    In a house
  4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. DABrault

Apr 21, 2010
    Virginia USA
    I'm sorry but I don't have a weight at this moment. I'll weigh it tonight after work. I can tell you to me it's a bit on the lighter side compared to other Strats I've handled.
    As for price, I haven't really set one in stone yet really because I'm still not 100% that I want to sell. I'm mainly looking for a trade / $ offer that jumps out at me......if that makes any sense.

StratPlus97 likes this.
  6. stratman323

stratman323 Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 21, 2010
    London, UK
    Nice. Yes that scratchplate is clearly a replacement, unfortunately. Which pickups does it have?

7. DABrault

Apr 21, 2010
    Virginia USA
    It has the original non-gray bottomed pickups.

Tazz3 likes this.
  8. stratman323

Apr 21, 2010
    London, UK
    You mean black? Or red?

9. dueducs

dueducs Strat-Talker

Dec 17, 2016
    Bodrum, Turkey
    What gave away the pickguard as a replacement?

10. DABrault

Apr 21, 2010
    Virginia USA
    Yes, I stand corrected. The non-RED bottomed black ones are installed.

11. stratman323

Apr 21, 2010
    London, UK
    It's not white, it's one of those fake "mint green" types. Fender didn't start fitting these to the AVRIs till quite a bit later.

ocean and dueducs like this.
  12. stratman323

Apr 21, 2010
    London, UK
    Cool, same as mine has. Excellent pickups, in my opinion. Good luck with the sale. Or good luck with keeping it if that's what you choose to do.

13. dueducs

dueducs Strat-Talker

Dec 17, 2016
    Bodrum, Turkey
    Thanks. Even though I've had an AVRI for almost 30 years, I still know very little about them. Just starting to learn more since I've joined this forum.
    GLWS OP. Beautiful guitar.

Fendereedo likes this.
  14. DABrault

Apr 21, 2010
    Virginia USA
    The odd thing is despite how the pictures look, to me the guard looks white in person. However the previous owner says it isn't original so I trust its true.

carolinaeasy likes this.
  15. stratman323

Apr 21, 2010
    London, UK
    [QUO
    TE="DABrault, post: 2633935, member: 9512"]The odd thing is despite how the pictures look, to me the guard looks white in person. However the previous owner says it isn't original so I trust its true.[/QUOTE]

Try a pic of mine as a comparison. What you have is one of the more subtle takes on mint green, which is good. Some of them can be very over-the-top, but yours isn't.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

mabley123 and dueducs like this.
  16. Percy

Percy Most Honored Senior Member

17. DABrault

Apr 21, 2010
    Virginia USA
    Correct and I did read this page when inquiring about this guitar. There's also a blurb in there saying there were some V012xxx SN neck dated 1982 Strats that he's run across. I trust the pencil date.

18. DABrault

Apr 21, 2010
    Virginia USA
    Try a pic of mine as a comparison. What you have is one of the more subtle takes on mint green, which is good. Some of them can be very over-the-top, but yours isn't.

[​IMG]

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

Yeah I'd say that's noticeably whiter than mine. She's pretty.

19. stratman323

Apr 21, 2010
    London, UK
    Well they're nice guitars! But you already know that.

And I agree with you, the neck date is more relevant than the serial number for dating these guitars. But, if you can read pot codes (I still can't....:oops:) they can help to confirm when it was made.

20. DABrault

Apr 21, 2010
    Virginia USA
    They are fine pieces of history...both playing and appearance. Yeah, I forgot about checking the pot codes. I'll have to check that this weekend. Thanks, stratman!

21. Percy

Percy Most Honored Senior Member

yes if it is an 1982 the pots should read 13782XX

mabley123 and Guitarmaan like this.