Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

For Sale 1991 American Standard Strat Olympic White Maple

Discussion in 'Guitars for Sale, Trade or Wanted' started by PhiloB, Apr 16, 2018.

1. PhiloB

PhiloB Strat-Talk Member

May 2, 2015
    Memphis, Tn
    SOLD Asking $750 on reverb. Please feel free to make a reasonable offer. Prefer to ship to continental US but would be willing to discuss other options. Thanks for looking!
    Excellent condition for a 27 year old guitar. I am the original owner. Purchased it in Aug of '91. The serial number indicates '99 but the Fender site points out that there were some errors in the serial numbers during 1990. Evidently this is one of those necks. I've included a photo of the date in the neck pocket. I also still have the original receipt:) JD Stinson (of JD's Freaky Fresh Guitars) recently leveled and crowned the frets and they are in excellent shape. He also gave it a great setup.
    There are no issues with this guitar in terms of playability and electronics. There are a few cosmetic blemishes that are pictured below and do not affect playability.
    I had Tim Esau at Sunday Handwound Pickups make a set of pickups for me. I went with Alnico ii magnets and lacquer potting rather than wax. Neck=5.6K, Middle RW 5.8K, Bridge 7.1K. They are amazing and capture the quintessential strat tone that is in my head. I couldn't have been happier with the results. Check him out on instagram: @sundayhandwound . I can provide a link to a recording I did of the pups through a clean amp upon request.
    There is an issue with a range of Strats of this era where the paint shifts color over time. This is one of those strats. The Olympic White started yellowing a few years after I got it. It was blotchy at first and not so attractive...fast forward 20 years and the color is pretty uniform with the benefit of a nice contrast of color between the body and white pickguards. I have not noticed any color shift in the last decade.
    Feel free to ask questions.
    *I am not abandoning the Strat...still my favorite style guitar but found my "Holy Grail" guitar and must fund it. Strat01.jpg Strat02.jpg Strat03.jpg Strat04.jpg Strat05.jpg Strat06.jpg Strat07.jpg Strat08.jpg Strat09.jpg Strat10.jpg

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018 at 11:10 PM

2. PhiloB

PhiloB Strat-Talk Member

May 2, 2015
    Memphis, Tn

Here is a link to the pickups. It is a combination of 3 of the 5 positions (no 2 and 4 positions). Played through a Ampeg GVT52-112 on the clean channel.

Bcorig likes this.

3. Lonn

Lonn Mod Admin Staff Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Admin Post
    Pretty.

circles likes this.

4. strat_strummer

strat_strummer Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

Dec 17, 2017
    Idaho
    Nice lookin guitar.

circles likes this.

5. PhiloB

PhiloB Strat-Talk Member

May 2, 2015
    Memphis, Tn
    Thanks guys. I've had guy locally offer me a 2004 American Standard Sienna burst with upgraded pups to N3 Fender Noiseless plus $300 bucks from him. He has sent me pics and it looks legit. He has agreed to meet me at a local music shop (owner has agreed to verify both instruments). Seems like a no-brainer. Stay tuned...I may be listing a Sienna burst with pearloid pickguard soon for relatively cheap;)

6. rich815

rich815 Strat-Talker Strat-Talk Supporter

7. heltershelton

heltershelton ROCKIN FOREVER Strat-Talk Supporter

Jun 5, 2013
    Not Florida
    I just wanna know how you can get rid of it after owning it for so long. I will keep my 87 till im dead.

carolinaeasy likes this.

8. PhiloB

PhiloB Strat-Talk Member

May 2, 2015
    Memphis, Tn
    That looks great!

It has been a struggle. I don't play it. It sits in it's case and calls to...I plug it in and I am disappointed and uninspired by how it plays (my tastes have definitely changed since I was in high school.) I seriously considered ordering a new neck but opted to put a down payment on an instrument that blew my mind.
    Honestly, I receive no enjoyment from the instrument other than knowing I've had it that long. It seems silly to keep. I had a black face/pre-cbs fender bassman that i went through the same emotional decision with and although I miss it (from an emotional standpoint), I don't regret it. I have a great amp I play through now.

9. strat_strummer

strat_strummer Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

Dec 17, 2017
    Idaho
    << Sienna Sunburst and I love it.

PhiloB likes this.

10. Allan S

Allan S New Member!

Apr 17, 2018
    Northern Virginia

11. ProSonicLive

ProSonicLive Senior Stratmaster

Sep 4, 2016
    Texas
    I would totally go for it If I could let go of it. I love those 90;s strats. So much, I have one of my own. But I REALLY want a white one. DSCN0034.JPG

Loth likes this.

12. micmurph

micmurph New Member!

Apr 17, 2018
    Michigan
    Pretty, curious why did you change the pickups if you didn’t like the neck?

13. PhiloB

PhiloB Strat-Talk Member

May 2, 2015
    Memphis, Tn
    Denial. The frets were in rough shape and I blamed my lack of enthusiasm on that. So I had the frets leveled and crowned and the pups changed out thinking all would be well:(

14. Gilmourfan75

Gilmourfan75 Senior Stratmaster

Jan 28, 2013
    myrtle beach via ny
    That yellowing is an upgrade imo. I’d buy an oly white in hope that happens . Love the look of that with the darker maple

mansbestfriend and PhiloB like this.

15. PhiloB

PhiloB Strat-Talk Member

May 2, 2015
    Memphis, Tn
    Sold today for cash. That trade+cash didn’t play out. That was most attention I’ve received for a guitar I was trying to sell (not talking about this forum—I expect that;) Guess I’m not the only strat fan:)

16. rich815

rich815 Strat-Talker Strat-Talk Supporter

Reverb highlighted your sale listing in their daily email blast today too!

PhiloB likes this.

17. PhiloB

PhiloB Strat-Talk Member

May 2, 2015
    Memphis, Tn