Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

For Sale 2017 Classic Series ‘60s Three Tone Sunburst Lacquer w/ Zexcoils

Discussion in 'Guitars for Sale, Trade or Wanted' started by MNBluesFan, Jan 2, 2018.

1. MNBluesFan

MNBluesFan New Member!

Jan 2, 2018
    Minnesota
    My loss, your gain. I bought this guitar, got it all tricked out in black with special pickups and had it professionally set up for frets, intonation, and neck conditioning. Plays like a dream, sounds fabulous, but just sounds too much like other guitars I already have, so I wanna pass it on to someone who will make it their #1.

I have a brand new 2017 Classic Series ‘60s Stratocaster, 3-tone sunburst with Nitrocellulose lacquer finish and weighing in at less than 7.5 lbs. Nitro Lacquer is the vintage style finish of the classics that everybody loves because it lets the wood breathe, and you won't find a fender Strat with a lacquer finish at this price. It also has the C-profile Maple neck with classic 7.25"-radius Pau Ferro fingerboard with 21 vintage-style frets.

I bought this new in August 2017 and had a professional luthier swap out the stock vintage style pickups with a set of Zexcoils Z-series Texas Blues noiseless pickups with black pickup covers. This is the Z-Series version of our Legacy Series™ Texas Blues Set, named after Anthony Stauffer of Texas Blues Alley who came up with this brilliant mix of pickup voicings. With the Overwound Fat 5 voicing in the bridge, a Overwound 2 in the middle, and a high output Overwound 5 voice in the neck, this is a very versatile set with woody neck tones that have tons of body and punch, Fat Stratty bridge tones and loads of juicy quack. The wiring is special with a master volume knob, master tone knob for all pickups, and a blender knob which it adds in the neck pickup when on bridge positions and vice versa.

I also had the luthier install a matte black pickguard and back plate, black output jack, black metal knobs, black switch tip, black neck plate and screws, and a black Gotoh vintage style tremolo. The luthier also dressed and leveled all the frets, did a full intonation, lubricated and set the floating tremolo, conditioned the fretboard and made it great to play. The Strat comes with a genuine Fender Tweed hard shell case and all the case candy. This Strat itself is Made in Mexico (MIM), but don't hold that against it because it has the sweet lacquer finish, American handwound Texas Blues noiseless pickups, and was fully set up by a professional luthier. You won't find something like this for a better price.

The pickups and black hardware alone is $500, plus the guitar is literally brand new with a polished gloss look. The Zexcoils make it growl and sing and the special wiring give you so many tonal options. Save yourself a bundle to get lacquer finish, brand new Strat with smokin' Zexcoil Texas Blues noiseless pickups. It's been professionally set up, cleaned and full fret-dress so it plays smooth as butter.

Double-boxed and within its own tweed hardshell case, and insured for your and my peace of mind. Message with any questions or if you want any additional info or pictures. I'm asking $999 for the package, plus shipping. Get your new #1 today!

Attached Files:

2. Smylight

Smylight Strat-Talk Member

Dec 2, 2017
    Québec
    Nice! Are the original parts included?

3. MNBluesFan

MNBluesFan New Member!

Jan 2, 2018
    Minnesota
    Would you prefer to have the original pickups/pickguard/hardware installed? I assumed I would sell the original parts separate if the custom build sold.

4. Smylight

Smylight Strat-Talk Member

Dec 2, 2017
    Québec
    I’m asking ‘cause I believe anyone interested in the guitar would like to know about the original parts. I personally don’t care much about the black stuff, although it looks very nice, I like my Strats to look as original as possible. I’m an old guy. ;-)

john lavelle and johnnymg like this.

5. MNBluesFan

MNBluesFan New Member!

Jan 2, 2018
    Minnesota
    Yeah, I understand that. And yes, I have all the original parts and can have the luthier re-install all the original parts and reset the original trem and intonation to better than stock condition for anyone that is interested. I'd be willing to negotiate price for this scenario Zexcoils and black hardware separately as well. Please let me know if you're interested!

Smylight likes this.

6. knh555

knh555 Senior Stratmaster

Dec 6, 2016
    Massachusetts
    Can you post photos of the original parts next to the guitar?

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018

7. rich815

rich815 Strat-Talker Strat-Talk Supporter

That is really gorgeous. GLWS.

MNBluesFan likes this.

8. MNBluesFan

MNBluesFan New Member!

Jan 2, 2018
    Minnesota
    Good suggestion!! I’ve added photos of the original parts including front/back of the wires pickguard. I also added a photo of this exact guitar with stock equipment. Hope it doesn’t confuse anyone!!!

Attached Files:

9. knh555

knh555 Senior Stratmaster

Dec 6, 2016
    Massachusetts
    Can you take a picture of the guitar as is and parts next to each other in a single frame?

10. MNBluesFan

MNBluesFan New Member!

Jan 2, 2018
    Minnesota
    Sure!! Though I won't be home until late tonight so I might not be able to post it until then or tomorrow. (Posted below).

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018

11. MNBluesFan

MNBluesFan New Member!

Jan 2, 2018
    Minnesota
    My apologies, I misread your original post asking to picture it all together. Here it is!!

Attached Files: