Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

5-way switch problem. Help needed!

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by Dustinmuncy, May 17, 2018.

1. Dustinmuncy

Dustinmuncy New Member!

May 17, 2018
    Virginia
    hey guys, brand new to the forum. Not even a player. Audio guy helping my player out. Was re-wiring a 5-way switch with 3 standard Lollar pickups. Not getting any audio from my bridge/middle combo position. All other positions work just fine. I’m fairly certain my wiring is correct, unless there’s some trick I’m missing, or else my switch is bad. One possible thought I had was that I’m using pole 2 to ground the switch as well, so possibly that is interrupting the signal? Any ideas or insight is Much appreciated!!

In the photo, the left most white wire is bridge pickup, hitting lugs 1 and 2, then the middle white wire is neck hitting 4 and 5. The yellow is my middle hitting 2, 3 and 4.

Attached Files:

2. Omni-stratz

Omni-stratz Strat-Talker

Jan 17, 2016
    Wiltshire UK
    I'm sorry I cant give you a definitive answer to your problem, but I would hazard a guess it will be something to do with the fact you have used a double pole super switch. No doubt that switch would be able to do the job but maybe, for simplicity's sake, it might be better to go with the standard single pole switch. There are many wiring diagrams on the net.

Dustinmuncy and railroadman like this.
  3. Yves

Yves Senior Stratmaster

Jan 2, 2016
    London
    Hi there,
    Have browse over this thread.
    See if that helps.

danny_hashhand and Dustinmuncy like this.