Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

57/62 Fender AVRI

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by danieldhthomas, Feb 13, 2018 at 6:47 PM.

1. danieldhthomas

danieldhthomas New Member!

Tuesday
    Australia
    Hey guys I am in the market for a used Fender Strat.

I stopped playing guitar about 8 years ago but am picking it up again so I would consider myself a beginner/intermediate. I played on a Gibson Les Paul so am unfamiliar with strats and need some help!

I came across this AVRI comprised of a 57' AVRI neck and 62' AVRI body which has been pieced together professionally. It's up for $1200 AUD which is in my budget. Otherwise I was going to just got for an American Standard but am unsure of what differences there are between the different years or which ones are particularly good.

I'm after a nice blues/rock guitar. Hendrix, Frusciante etc

Any help or guitar recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

2. Guy Named Sue

Guy Named Sue Beer me up Scotty Strat-Talk Supporter

Feb 11, 2015
    Sweden
    Any pics? Seems high for a partcaster, yes I know both the neck and body are Fender made but they come from two different guitars originally. You can find originals on the used market for that price.

Welcome to the forum!

3. danieldhthomas

Tuesday
    Australia
    Thanks! Here are some photos

Attached Files:

4. Guy Named Sue

Feb 11, 2015
    Sweden
    The pickguard has been changed, so has the pickups to what looks like Noiseless pickups. We're getting further and further away from the asking price.

5. danieldhthomas

Tuesday
    Australia
    Yeah you are right, they've been swapped out!

Thanks for the insight, might just got with an American Std. Is there much variation between the model year or are they all more or less unchanged?

6. Guy Named Sue

Feb 11, 2015
    Sweden
    No problem. In that price range you can still find reissues that are untouched if that is the spec that fits you. The American standard models have had changes made during the years and there are also limited edition models too, called FSR, Fender Special Run. Do you know what typical neck shape you prefer? It's one of the most important details if you ask me, neck thickness and profile.

7. danieldhthomas

Tuesday
    Australia
    The only thing I can draw experience and preference from in terms of neck profile is from my old Les Paul Studio which I found comfortable and easy to play. From memory it may have even been a bit on the smaller side

8. Morgenholz

Morgenholz Strat-Talker

Jan 17, 2015
    Indianapolis
    When I saw the Light in the nineties and gave up on Pauls, the first two strats I obtained were a '97 American Standard and a '98 AVRI '62. The AS neck is slim but plays well, and your gibsonized hands may like the 9.5" radius a little better. The more recent Standards ( post-2011) feel a little thicker. The AVRI '57 neck is wonderful; the '57 and '62 shared the same excellent pickups so it is a pity those were changed out-- I've seen Noiseless in quite a few of them; perhaps the owners were channeling Clapton. Once I bought a strat, I never considered going back.

9. DeadCircuits

DeadCircuits Strat-Talker

Aug 25, 2016
    GB
    I'd consider that price for a full fat undamaged, unmodified AVRI, but not for a partscaster.

10. mutato

mutato Senior Stratmaster

Jul 10, 2007
    RI
    Def too much for that. I actually had a partscaster that was very similar: '57AVRI maple neck paired to a MIJ '62 style 3tone sunburst body. Pickups with Seymour Duncan SSL2's. Sold it for $650 (USD) about 7 years ago. And that was a lucky good price for me!

11. Rudi

Rudi Senior Stratmaster

Apr 19, 2016
    Brisvegas
    An untouched AVRI for AUD 1200 ? No way !
    A New MIM is 1000 - 1100 here in Australia.
    You might get a used MIA Standard for 1200.

Percy likes this.

12. Guy Named Sue

Feb 11, 2015
    Sweden
    Woa my bad, I misread it as USD.

13. Rudi

Rudi Senior Stratmaster

Apr 19, 2016
    Brisvegas
    My bad as well.
    I just checked reverb and there are some
    Japanese RIs in his price range.
    If they are worth it, I don’t know.

Guy Named Sue likes this.

14. stratman323

stratman323 Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 21, 2010
    London, UK
    I agree with the others, a partscaster (no matter how "professionally" it's been assembled) is worth a lot less than an all original Fender.

15. Mr C

Mr C Senior Stratmaster

Feb 17, 2016
    New Zealand
    1200 AUD is bugger all for a decent guitar down here, you can’t get an AVRI for under $2500k In NZ... used standards are about $1500 bucks...

We get pillaged in the antipodes!

It’s cheaper to buy a new guitar in the UK have it shipped and pay all the taxes than buy a new fender in NZ, I’m after a tele at he moment and the street price for an AV64 is $3800. You can forget about Gibson’s unless you have single digit employee number at google!!

16. danieldhthomas

Tuesday
    Australia
    Thanks for all the help guys! Yeah the prices here in Aus seem to be all a little higher unfortunately so I'm having trouble finding anything in those price ranges. I'll keep hunting through!