Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

60s laquer Strat, shall i?

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by DK-strat, Jun 13, 2018.

1. DK-strat

DK-strat Strat-Talk Member

Jul 13, 2013
    Denmark
    Hi, Im in the market for a vintage spec'ed Fender strat.
    The 60s laqauer sunburst with rosewood board seems pretty cool? Can anyone explain me the feel of the neck? I need a fat one cause i have large hands.
    I Love the tinted neck, so cool.

I've also looked t the AM Original series that also comes with more or less vintage correct specifications.

Pricewise im not the in the CS territory, but anything below that pricerange.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018

2. chicago slim

chicago slim Strat-Talker

Aug 23, 2010
    Bowling Green, KY
    I recently bought a Classic 50 Strat. I compared to to a used American Vintage 1956, and it was very similar. When I compared it to a Classic 60, I was surprised just how thin the neck felt, on the Classic 60. So, then I grabbed a Squier CV50, and it also had a thicker neck, than the Classic 60. I haven't played either, in a lacquer finish. But I wouldn't buy one, without first playing.

3. carver

carver The East Coast Strangler Strat-Talk Supporter

every 60s appointed or 60s style fender I have held has had a skinny neck. like a shallow C shape.

4. Stratoskater

Stratoskater Senior Stratmaster

Feb 8, 2011
    Raleigh NC
    If you like fat necks look at the EJ Sig. Vintage appointments, nitro finish, thick neck but it has a 12 inch radius so that may be a deal breaker for you.

5. DK-strat

DK-strat Strat-Talk Member

Jul 13, 2013
    Denmark
    Thanks for your advice.
    How is a AM vintage 1965 reissue compared to the new 60s original series neck?
    anybody who knows that?
    According to Fender: The American Vintage '65 Strat returns to a thicker C neck after a period of slimmer profiles.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018

6. nutball73

nutball73 Strat-Talker

Nov 12, 2013
    Southern UK
    I know a few years ago when I was looking, the '59s have fatter necks if you must have a rosewood board.

60s strats always tend to have thinner necks than 50s.

7. nadzab

nadzab It's cool if you like cats, I just prefer dogs Strat-Talk Supporter

Among the Classic Series, the '60s has the least substantial neck. I have all 3, and the '50s is bigger with the very subtle v-profile...but I find that the '70s fills the hand the most. I don't think I'd classify any of them as "fat."

8. pagey1512

pagey1512 Strat-Talker

Dec 22, 2010
    Austria
    It's not a fat neck, but very comfortable and not as thin as the Standards. Personally it's my favourite guitar.

Uncle Pecos likes this.

9. jaybones

jaybones Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

I would agree with nadzab, my '76 hardtail natural is a nice chunky C shape.

10. Thrup'ny Bit

Thrup'ny Bit Grand Master Curmudgeon Strat-Talk Supporter

May 21, 2010
    Sheffield, UK
    Keep your eyes open for Fender FSR MIJ Traditional '60s models.