Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

62 Vintage Strat

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by nancywolk, Sep 11, 2017.

Want to sell - any ideas on what it's worth?

1. referrals

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. price

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
  1. balston11

balston11 Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

May 8, 2013
    Preston UK

2. Thrup'ny Bit

Thrup'ny Bit Certified Curmudgeon Strat-Talk Supporter

May 21, 2010
    In my own little world
    I'd want money knocked off because it has scribble on the scratchplate.

Kester and Uncle Bob like this.

3. balston11

balston11 Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

May 8, 2013
    Preston UK
    Something about your location leads me to believe you always want money off:D

Kester and jofish like this.

4. Uncle Bob

Uncle Bob Strat-O-Master

Jan 5, 2017
    Almost heaven
    I thought the COA mentioned was intended for the autograph.

5. Thrup'ny Bit

Thrup'ny Bit Certified Curmudgeon Strat-Talk Supporter

May 21, 2010
    In my own little world
    I have no idea what you're getting at. :rolleyes:

6. Rufustelestrat

Rufustelestrat Senior Stratmaster

I love it when vindicated for correctly assessing the needed items to get the highest price and some pinhead pops up with Oh there is no cert for these. Yes and Yes.
    Oh and the auction site for Great Britain and the UK just shows to go you that when you die, wifey poo is going to find all your guitars and have some auction house clown make all the money off her.

7. Rufustelestrat

Oh the signature is clearly a fake. The guitar is the only item that has value in the whole situation. Again and again I see autographs on guitars. When groups would come around and perform they used to have giveaways from the local radio station. The press person would come in buy 5 of the cheapest guitars, and usually they were squiers. The artist was given some sort of magic marker. *not usually a sharpie as their popularity had not grown yet. Said artist would scribble some sort of rune on the guitar, be it the pickguard or body, and then they were given out. I have always held that a $100 guitar is not a $500 guitar because there is what is represented as a famous signature on it. Unless there is letters of authenticity, provenience perhaps a photo of them signing the guitar, then it is a defaced $100 guitar. Get a wood chipper or donate it to Play it Forward to get instruments in to the hands of children.
    R

8. stratman323

stratman323 Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 21, 2010
    London, UK
    Nice. I wonder why on earth they didn't issue those for the Strats too?

9. stratman323

stratman323 Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 21, 2010
    London, UK
    Was that a dig at me?

10. Rufustelestrat

Not really, just in general at the one post wonders who pop in with the is this real what is it worth, can I sell it for a million dollars because my aunt's neighbor saw Sinatra once, and then held this guitar posts. Your comment was valid, and yes I was vague about the reference which could mean either the signature or the guitar COA, and even with both, the guitar is worth what the guitar is worth. That scribble with scotch tape over it, reduces the value, but that is my not so humble opinion.