Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

'74 strat trem arm too short

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by Dan Skammmer, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Dan Skammmer

Dan Skammmer Strat-Talk Member

Mar 8, 2018
    Saugerties, N.Y.
    Hello, I recently purchased a '74 strat, I realized after I received it, the arm is too short for my liking. The trem arm is much shorter than the previous '78 strat's trem arm I had. It also doesn't have the travel and spring that my '78 had. I'm looking to possibly replace the '74 arm with a longer arm that is not so straight , with more upward bend . I'm assuming the '74 has 10-32 threads . anyone know the best place to find what i'm looking for?

2. jaybones

jaybones Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Stew Mac would be where I’d start, or feeBay.

You can always change the bends by drilling a small hole in a couple blocks of wood to use as levers.

Jimi used to rebend his and legend has it he used his bare hands. I tried and really couldn’t get anywhere (hands are on the smallish side but I’ve got good grip strength).

trashman likes this.

3. Dan Skammmer

Dan Skammmer Strat-Talk Member

Mar 8, 2018
    Saugerties, N.Y.
    thanks, I checked Stew mac, they are backed up a few weeks...I didn't have the patience to wade through all the crap on feebay, the point is I want to get a longer one if possible , the one on the guitar is too short !

4. PastorDATM

PastorDATM Strat-Talker

Aug 2, 2017
    Maryland, USA
    I got this tremolo arm from StewMac in two days and it fit my Strat with Metric threads. The thread on this arm is M6x1. Ask Fender what thread yours is by serial number.

http://www.stewmac.com/Closeouts/Mighty_Mite_Tremolo_Arm.html

It was a half inch longer than the stock arm and bent slightly different. Hope you find what you are looking for! Dave

Edit: Oops... You have a ‘74 so it probably is SAE. This will not work but the SAE equivalent may have the same length and bend.