Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

93 Strat American Deluxe Plus

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by d rhinehart, Oct 6, 2017.

1. d rhinehart

d rhinehart New Member!

Oct 6, 2017
    greenwood,indiana
    Hey all , just got a 93 Strat American Deluxe Plus in the shop today for some work. Has anyone had any dealings with the Fender American "Floyd Rose" Deluxe Locking bridge ( mini-Floyd ) first one I have seen.
    First I guess would be intonation on it
    Thanks

2. Mr Dunlop

Mr Dunlop Senior Stratmaster

Nov 30, 2014
    usa
    Those mini Floyds popped up around the same time as the LSR nut- late 93. When the American Deluxe replaced the Strat plus in 98 I imagine that was the end of the Mini Floyd.

I have had a few of these bridges on Strat plus guitars. I never had an issue with intonation. Really not alot to setting these up.

Here is one of the ones I used to own.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
    garyhoos1, circles and d rhinehart like this.

3. d rhinehart

d rhinehart New Member!

Oct 6, 2017
    greenwood,indiana

4. d rhinehart

d rhinehart New Member!

Oct 6, 2017
    greenwood,indiana
    That's exactly the one I have here with the LSR nut , Lace pups , cool guitar this one will probably get a fret change , we'll see if I can get the dents out and recrown

5. Mr Dunlop

Nov 30, 2014
    usa
    Yah they are cool guitars. I never really cared for that type of FLoyd with out the locking nut.

I stand corrected it looks like that bridge was used on the American Deluxe Series also until 2007.

d rhinehart likes this.

6. robotguitar

robotguitar Senior Stratmaster

Oct 5, 2009
    california
    Setting the intonation on those is a real chore for me, especially if you don't have the special allen key tool. You have to dive bomb to adjust the intonation or take the whole bridge off and eyeball it. I had to bend and allen key with pliers in order to have it fit. Otherwise they are good.

7. John C

John C Senior Stratmaster

Jul 17, 2012
    Kansas City
    Fender made that bridge an "option" when the American Deluxe series replaced the Strat Plus/Deluxe Strat Plus/Strat Ultra series, but only on the HSS versions; they had at some point removed the "Floyd Rose" logo from them and were just calling them the "Fender Deluxe Locking Tremolo" by the time the American Deluxes came out. As you say it went away at the start of 2007 (they were listed in the August 2006 price list but are gone in the January 2007 price list).

Another odd fact for the HSS American Deluxes - according to the Summer 1998 Fender Frontline (American Deluxes didn't come out until March/April of 1998 so they didn't show up until the Summer Frontline) the HSS models were only supposed to have the LSR nut if they had the locking tremolo option; in reality all HSS American Deluxes got the LSR nut regardless of the tremolo. There are some exceptions - but the assumption is that it was an assembly screw-up where a non-locking bridge HSS got a neck with a regular nut.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2017

8. SurfsUp

SurfsUp Strat-O-Master

May 18, 2016
    C-Town, Ontario
    I've a 93 Plus Deluxe, but must be an earlier run, as it has a "regular" bridge, not that one in the picture above

9. Mr Dunlop

Nov 30, 2014
    usa
    Thanks John
    Pretty much what I said but the long winded version thats been alterd from your saved PDF documents:)

10. d rhinehart

d rhinehart New Member!

Oct 6, 2017
    greenwood,indiana
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Just finished up with this one , very cool guitar indeed !

Mr Dunlop likes this.