Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

A Lesson needed in life -

Discussion in 'MyMusic Forum' started by SilvaStrat, Aug 12, 2018 at 6:50 PM.

1. SilvaStrat

SilvaStrat Strat-Talker

Dec 1, 2015
    Fort Worth,tx
    I started a tread a fill minute ago , kind on the same direction , LIFE PHILOSOPHY ...
    I am 37 , I can't stand what I do for a living , any more, I am a Janitor ,,,,kkkkk,,,,,
    well not soo bad I own a janitorial business , I started 15 years ago , and was a constant grow from nothing to somewhere 200 k a year , but man I am tired , I work 7 nights a week , 365 days a year , I never took a vacation or day off , the not sleeping at knight is getting to me , I feel ****ed ,
    I have many options of services that can be ofered to a consumer , from pressure washing , to truck mounted carpet cleaning , I have around 100 k in equipment laying around waiting for business , so that means , I can decide to push my 200 k a Year to god knows , as long I am wiling to sacrifice .
    now for sacrifice , I did sacrifice the opportunity to have a family , and the guitar is a daily reminder that I am expending my energies on something I don't enjoy , but Must be done , I always have been determined , and no feelings were allowed .
    but I will be 38 , I am craving a wife , kids , family , I can go either way , I can bring my salary to 300 and go without family ,(though up, shut up) or I can back off and get myself a family, as destiny brings , however it comes .
    I know once I get a Family , I will need to divide time , effort , attention , money, space, those things scare the holy ghost out of me , I guess I am reaching out to the family fathers , older guys , and wise ones , to give some direction , on whats is important
    give some hard to digest reality , on what is important or not important , in life , in music , or on the dance of life if is more appropriated ,
    how much is too much too sacrifice , for success , money , fame , soo on

Nadnitram likes this.

2. alderre

alderre Strat-O-Master

May 1, 2014
    New Braunfels
    I’m 37. A couple of hours south of where you are.

I chose the family. I do wonder sometimes if I should be sacrificing more in order to make more $, but life kind of dictates where to go based on how you line up your priorities.

I would say, you are still young. And there are plenty of pretty ladies who would kill to have a responsible partner like you.

Aim for the family and not the 300k

Just make sure they know you are available.

Tone Deaf, Grux and The Strat Dude like this.

3. tery

tery Most Honored Senior Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Tennessee
    Hire a part time employee .

Tone Deaf likes this.

4. Bob the builder

Bob the builder Senior Stratmaster

May 2, 2016
    Cranston, Rhode Island
    Keep workin'. IF you meet someone and it goes that way...great. You'll have a little more to take care of them. Don't slow down work to activly look for a wife. It don't usually work that way

radstringz likes this.

5. Percy

Percy Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Yes i agree this is a tough one.

I am turning 55 and have a chitty job.... i'm a Teamster local blah blah

But..... and this is a big BUTT i do not want to be homeless:eek:

6. Lonn

Lonn Mod Admin Staff Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Admin Post
    Working yourself to death for what? Unhappy for what? Money in the bank? You've heard the old saying, and it applies to folks exactly in your position...

Life is a journey, not a destination. If you're not enjoying the journey why are you taking the trip? Hire a good manager or two and get yourself a life.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018 at 11:16 AM
    BallisticSquid, Grux and nickmsmith like this.

7. Tone Deaf

Tone Deaf Senior Stratmaster

Feb 12, 2009
    New Jersey, USA
    Assuming that the volume of requests for your services can be sustained at the present level,
    or even grown as you suggest, then it is time to incorporate ( if you have not done so already ).
    Next step is to hire an experienced employee ( or 2 ) and begin advertising.

Time to be the 'in the office" Boss, and not just a worker.
    Sure, in an emergency or when an employee calls in sick, you can always "fill in".

BallisticSquid and Grux like this.

8. rafasounds

rafasounds Senior Stratmaster

Aug 25, 2011
    Brazil
    Hello Silva buddy. I don't know if this is good or bad (in my opinion it's good), but you are not in brazil anymore. Things are pretty messed up here at the moment. Our money is worth nothing, everybody is pretty much working in enslavement, just to barely pay the bills and eat. Taxes are going to the roof and out, and we dont see any return or progress in our society, just decay and more misery. You still have friends and relatives here so you should know. So, you have a perspective there. You know your sweat and blood are not going to the drain. Try to find a way to manage the daily stress, keep going with your business, you are a brave man. My regards.

The Strat Dude likes this.

9. radd

radd Strat-Talker

Jun 2, 2016
    Santa cruz
    You can always get money back, you never get time back........

10. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Jul 28, 2011
    Pawnee, Indiana
    I would take less money, and hire employees. Working all the time sucks.
    And what good is the extra money, if you have nothing and nobody of real value to spend it on?

IMO Work is a bad thing to spend your whole life’s energy on, unless your work is really something worthwhile. My work isn’t.

11. The Strat Dude

The Strat Dude Duderino Strat-Talk Supporter

I feel your pain, my own personal decision was to close my business and take an opportunity that was there, I am much happier now. Money is not everything, I felt like I would die if I kept going the way I was.

Tone Deaf, Grux and nickmsmith like this.

12. Grux

Grux Strat-Talker

May 17, 2018
    Clarksville, TN
    Man, take a day off! I dont know the purpose of life for everyone but I do know it's too short to spend the little time we have unhappy.

I hate my job too dude, and hopefully I will be opening a small music store next year. Sink or swim, it's been my dream to work for myself and do something I love every day. I have a family, wife, a 3year old and a 3 month old....and u play music when I can (which isnt often anymore). I'm not going to work every day but I am going to TRY to continue to provide for my family. I'm scared to death of failure in this venture, and I dont want to put unneeded stress on my family but if I fail....its not the end. I'd rather try and fail than not try and wonder what could've been someday.

Money don't make people happy dude, it makes them more superficial. Know what makes me happy? Making a decent living, seeing my baby girl smile, hearing my son say "I love you daddy," and my wife telling me she's always gonna be here with me.

I started life late, I got married at 33 for the first time, bought a house, and had some kids. It's hard, but its rewarding and I would not trade it for all the money in the world. Only you know your priorities, only you can change them.

Good luck friend, I wish you the best.

Sorry for the book.

MCC850, Tone Deaf and Nadnitram like this.

13. Nadnitram

Nadnitram Senior Stratmaster

Jul 18, 2017
    The Heartland
    I agree with @Bob the builder -- don't go looking or a wife. However, if you keep working like you do, you're not likely to meet someone unless she's locked in a building you are cleaning.

I'm 50 and a married dad of 3, but I can't give you any wisdom. I barely know what I want out of life. I definitely don't know what you want out of life. But it sounds like you do:
    You used the word craving. Maybe you were just exaggerating to make a point, maybe not. Only you know that. But it's a starting point.

Grux likes this.

14. circles

circles Most Honored Senior Member

Wow that's a tough one. I have no advice, only support at reaching out for feedback. That's a deeply personal choice.

15. The Strat Dude

The Strat Dude Duderino Strat-Talk Supporter

Life is short and we get one trip on the merry go round. Lot's of people with money are unbearably miserable. But happiness is going to have be a decision you make, if your work and your business was your passion I would that is one thing, but if it is merely a means to make the money and you hate it and it is all you do. Either hire a person or some people to help you or find something else to do, but don't live your life asking what if forever.
    There that is all the advice I got, maybe not sage advice but it could be sage brush advice , good luck.

16. guitarface

guitarface Senior Stratmaster

Nov 11, 2012
    New York
    I disagree with those saying just let things happen on the wife/family front. If you know what you want you need to take some concrete steps and make some changes to make it happen. Just my two cents.

17. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Jul 28, 2011
    Pawnee, Indiana
    You’re right.
    Got to be a middle ground. Try TOO hard, and you can end up with a turd for a spouse who makes your life a living hell, because you forced it.

don’t try hard enough, and it might take a long time for anyone at all to come around.

I was in the “not really trying” category, but the right person was introduced to me by friends, and it’s worked out. not everyone is so lucky.

BallisticSquid likes this.

18. Will Lefeurve

Will Lefeurve Senior Stratmaster

Mar 1, 2016
    England & France
    You know the answer.. its in your post..

Remember.. you're a long time dead, you don't get a second chance buddy. This life is not a rehearsal.. You'll be 50 before you know it, and then what.. saying the same things???

You say you're craving a wife, kids, a family. That's where your future happiness is. Work towards that. Look at yourself in the mirror, and tell yourself things are going to change.. you are going to change.. and they/you will.

So.. screw the extra money.. change your life in a way that enriches your heart and soul.. Good luck to you.. :thumb:

alderre and Grux like this.

19. CarbonCanyon

CarbonCanyon Strat-Talker

Mar 30, 2018
    Mt. Rainier
    Everyone is different. But I believe the right decisions are usually the ones that involve the most risk, the most fear, the most responsibility. That's where you find the most meaning, growth and untapped joy. Only you know your answers.

Slay your dragons.

Grux likes this.