Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

A little Mexican!

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by Strat Jacket, May 17, 2018.

1. Strat Jacket

Strat Jacket Senior Stratmaster

May 11, 2018
    Illinois
    In addition to my '65, I purchased a Mexican Strat a while back, new. The date code says it was manufactured in 2002.
    I played this one alongside several American Standards and honestly couldn't tell the difference in the store, so I bought it (and saved nearly $500.00) and truth be told, I couldn't be happier. It plays great, stays in tune and basically does what I ask it to. Sage Green Metallic, this is a dead ringer for the Strat Steve Winwood played along with EC at the Crossroads Festival:

Here are a few photos:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My only complaint to date is that the fretboard finish could have been more durable...

[​IMG]

Mansonienne likes this.
  2. Black Strat Guy

Black Strat Guy Strat-Talker

Mar 27, 2018
    Somewhere
    Good looki'n strat :thumb:

But i'm puzzled by your fretboard... The neck finish is urethane, right...?

How where you able to wear out the finish like that...? :eek:

My 2001 MIM classic 50's only has very slight wear on the edges after 17 years, none like that on the fretboard surface. Hell..., my CS relic in nitro hasn't got any more visible wear on the fretboard other than what was made by the relic job...

Strat Jacket likes this.
  3. fattboyzz

fattboyzz Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

Sep 24, 2017
    Newnan ,Ga.
    I love my mim Strat Standard !

2009 model with rosewood 9.5.

Walked into a local pawn shop and he had it hanging behind the counter . When he handed it to me I knew why. It was dern near new .

Stratbats and Strat Jacket like this.
  4. ChukkerNation

ChukkerNation Senior Stratmaster

Apr 9, 2015
    Magrathea
    Do you play 20 hours a day!

5. Stratoskater

Stratoskater Senior Stratmaster

Feb 8, 2011
    Raleigh NC
    Exactly, and no wear on the back of the neck??? Looks like the fretboard wear was artificially created to me.

Paperback Rocker likes this.
  6. strat_strummer

strat_strummer Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

Dec 17, 2017
    Lost
  7. Strat Jacket

May 11, 2018
    Illinois

Negative.
    I have to keep by fingernails trimmed really short (to the point of painful) or they tear up a fretboard...just the way I'm built. Plenty of times I'll be playing and have to stop and run to find the nail clippers because I can feel them scratching the wood. Nothing I can do about it...or my short, stubby fingers that make a five-fret stretch an impossibility.
    Hey, if Django could overcome, I can too.

8. Guy Named Sue

Guy Named Sue Beer me up Scotty Strat-Talk Supporter

Feb 11, 2015
    Terra Incognito
    The one Steve is playing is Surf Green

Strat Jacket and Stratoskater like this.
  9. Stratoskater

Stratoskater Senior Stratmaster

Feb 8, 2011
    Raleigh NC
    I agree, Winwood's definitely looks surf green and not metallic.

10. Black Strat Guy

Black Strat Guy Strat-Talker

Mar 27, 2018
    Somewhere
    Man.... you must have "nails" for nails... :confused::p

I've always had my nails trimmed very short (like, no white showing at all), even before guitar, since i started at the keyboards, it always made me cringe the tips of my nails taping on the keys if they where just a tiny little bit bigger...:confused:

So i can't really make any kind of fingerboard damage from my nails, other than the occasional light surface scratches.

Yup Surf Green, same one he also used on the Madison Square Garden gig with EC for "Dear Mr Fantasy". I remember reading something about that strat on an interview, but i forgot exactly what it is...

11. Strums

Strums Strat-Talker

Feb 27, 2014
    CO
    Very nice looking guitar and thanks for posting a great version of a classic!

12. Strat Jacket

May 11, 2018
    Illinois
    I guess maybe it is Surf; no matter. It's a nice-looking guitar and probably an AS or AV reissue.

I fell in love with the Sage Metallic the minute I saw it. It's not a really poppin' in-your-face color; kind of mellow and really offsets the white. Totally happy with it!

13. Strat Jacket

May 11, 2018
    Illinois
    Also...don't know if it was true or not, but the salesman at the guitar shop told me the Sage had been discontinued and that really pushed me over the edge!

14. aviamsi

aviamsi Senior Stratmaster

Aug 31, 2015
    Israel
    And what a nice color that is :).
    Here's mine.

Attached Files:

15. Strat Jacket

May 11, 2018
    Illinois
    Sweet! Looks good with the rosewood FB. I never had a maple FB so I figured, "Why not?" They had one of each...

16. T Guitar Floyd

T Guitar Floyd Senior Stratmaster

Oct 27, 2014
    Arizona
    Yeah, it doesn't hold up well to sandpaper. :)

17. Strat Jacket

May 11, 2018
    Illinois
    Seriously...fingernail and finger wear only.
    Why would anyone in their right mind sand the finish off a fretboard? It looks like crap.:eek:

18. SilvaStrat

SilvaStrat Strat-Talker

Dec 1, 2015
    Fort Worth,tx
    Amazing ,how interesting is the fact of just a minimal detail in body stile result in such a different problem , me because a lack of nail I alway feel like plucking the strings with a cotton ball , you are on the other side of the spectrum , too much nail , lol. You must eat a lot calcium man ;)

19. Strat Jacket

May 11, 2018
    Illinois
    Even with my nails trimmed short, I can press my thumb against my finger tips and feel...hard nail.
    Nothin' I can do about it but roll with the punches.

20. SilvaStrat

SilvaStrat Strat-Talker

Dec 1, 2015
    Fort Worth,tx
    I believe you , I wile back I saw a video of a bass player , he dug a huge hole on the body of the bass , by constant hitting with his fingers , he was considering pay to repair , and people talked him out of repairing , the idea of digging a hole on the bass body by playing it is the real relicking , it is a badge of honor ,

Namelyguitar likes this.