Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Abaut business - listed question

Discussion in 'Bands on the Run' started by SilvaStrat, Apr 5, 2018.

1. SilvaStrat

SilvaStrat Strat-Talker

Dec 1, 2015
    Fort Worth,tx
    guys , I hope I chose the right tread category to categorize this post , I hope to reach to the entrepreneurs between. us . I have a fill questions
    I own a small business , for 17 years , I am self employed , I have some help from time to time , I am registered as DBA . so is not my fist shot at business , that being said I want monetize on youtube videos .

this morning I came up with this great name , very catchy , that will represent me , probably as a brand , maybe I can create a logo and trade mark it .

the goal of this public persona ( I will not share it yet ) is very catchy, yet there is a registered gmail with thits name , maybe 3 facebook , but they are very low profile people , like in china or whatever in Europe , should that be a problem ? besides that , the name is not recognizable by google searches engine , and there is no domain yet . I almost think that is impossible to come up with a 100 % unique and unused name brand this days , any thoughts?

question number 2 - my goal is make videos in Portuguese , (o it will be marketed to Brasil and Portugal) , of projects and guitar , and instruments , and stupid things I like to work on it , like welding , hydraulics , and so on I am crafty . I intend to profit by advertising ,I have one old youtube channel that I use to do this and people are subscribing daily , I think there is a need of videos in Portuguese , like that, their videos production is fare behind . so youtube add pays anything worth the hassle ?

ultimately I can start a e-comerce Tru ebay and .com selling products and instruments to Brasil and exporting anything , mostly used and/or very cheap stuff , but I assume I can at list double my investment any comments are very welcome
    thanks

2. rolandson

rolandson Senior Stratmaster

If I understand your question, you want to know about trademarks...? The US Patent and Trademark Office will answer all of your questions.

https://www.uspto.gov

They'll even communicate with you in Portuguese. Which will be helpful I think.

https://www.uspto.gov/using-usptogov/accessibility-uspto-website

Or maybe not, that may be one language not covered. You may need translation software, which I think you can get without cost.

SilvaStrat likes this.

3. Paperback Rocker

Paperback Rocker Nitro-mancer Strat-Talk Supporter

Sep 18, 2014
    Victoria TX
    When I came up with my Paperback Rocker online persona, I searched and found one use of the name for a blog that never had an entry made in it from years before.

I charged forth as planned and now dominate any search terms for the name.

I believe business names are regulated per state, so as long as those people are in China, you've got no problems, I would think.

SilvaStrat likes this.

4. rolandson

To a point...state registry doesn't create ownership, that's only accomplished through the patent and trademark office. Someone in Vermont might like the name of a business in Texas and short of a trademark, there's nothing to stop them from taking it.

Same with Paperback Rocker, without copyright and trademark protection anyone can waltz in and make use of it...but something tells me you know this already:cool:

5. Paperback Rocker

Paperback Rocker Nitro-mancer Strat-Talk Supporter

Sep 18, 2014
    Victoria TX
    You can't copyright a name, but I found trademarking to be too difficult or expensive if I remember.

6. rolandson

My closest friend on the planet had, from the day I first met him in 1970, an expression; one of purpose, resolve, intent, motivation...

In 1987 he and I had a project that brought him to Portland. One evening we hit a local restaurant (Fathers) for dinner and drinks...a haunt of a bunch from a local advertising agency handling the Nike account worldwide...Wyden & Kennedy. My friend and I are in the bar talking, next to us a group of advertising people. My friend, his name is John, used his expression, as he had for the 17 years I had known him.

Within 6 months to a year, Nike had a new slogan:

"Just Do It"

except their ad people didn't come up with it, they overheard it. They liked it so much that they even said so, commenting to us "hey, I like that!"

There is justice in the world however.

Some of these same people cost their firm several tens of thousands of dollars, in the form of compensation and punishment, when, after buying the right to use the lyric and music of John Lennon's Imagine for Nike, they went ahead and used Lennon's recording of it.

Yoko tore them a new anal orifice; she had not given permission to use the production, excuse me, the performance, only the score and lyric.

For years I wondered what might have happened had John trademarked the expression? He was signed to Warner Bro's and RCA at the time, all he would have had to do is ask them to take care of it and it would have been done.

Another in the line of "if only's" to contemplate on warm summer evenings.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2018