Join Strat-Talk Today

Acoustasonic? Any thoughts?

Discussion in 'Telecaster/Esquire Forum' started by fos1, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Johnny Danger

Johnny Danger Senior Stratmaster

Everyone complaining about the price, but most of them are sold before they even get to the store.

abnormaltoy likes this.
  2. Fender Fool

Fender Fool Strat-Talker

As stated, they sound pretty good, waaaaayyyyy over priced. I could see around a grand. But 2K. No way.

abnormaltoy likes this.
  3. abnormaltoy

abnormaltoy Mouth breathin' knuckle dragger Strat-Talk Supporter

I have never wanted an acoustic...however, I think this covers a lot of territory.

I don't know how the price compares to other guitars...or how other guitars at this price point compare to the features of this guitar.

Before I would buy one I would buy a Les Paul, a Strat, a V, a double cutaway LP Jr, a few old, and new, amps and then...do some research into how this compares...in price, features, feel and sound. For one who has never wanted an acoustic, this seemingly offers several for the price of one and it might be handy for home recording (since I do so much (none)).

BlueCajun likes this.
  4. oatsoda

oatsoda Puck of Paradox Strat-Talk Supporter

I have a Fender Acoustisonic. You know, strat shaped with a strat headstock, plastic bowl back like an Ovation, spruce top, sunburst. Fun to play, sound ok plugged in, ok acoustic, not great, but fun.

Then I also had a F amp called an Acoustisonic. Fine, not great.

Now this?

What next Fender, an Acoustisonic line of tambourines?

abnormaltoy and Stratoskater like this.
  5. rockbreaker

rockbreaker Strat-O-Master

I don't know why everyone's in denial, no matter how many pickups it has, it is, an acoustic box with a tele neck attached, sort of like an acoustic electric is an acoustic with electronics, I played one of the import acoustasonics, it felt pretty solid but just wasn't my thing.They were selling for $300-$400 though...

abnormaltoy likes this.
  6. esseff

esseff Strat-O-Master

But, isn't it common for Fender to bring out a new model from the custom shop at a ridiculous price, then bring out a reasonably priced Mexican version, later?
    Maybe something some of us can look forward to.

7. BlueCajun

BlueCajun Senior Stratmaster

Finally got to play one last weekend. Shop I visited had three: sunburst, surf green, and black. I didn't like the looks of the surf green as much as I thought I would. But the sunburst looked really nice. First impression playing it was the weight: very light. Also the neck was very smooth. Strings were stiffer than I expected. Not sure why I was surprised. After all, it's more of an acoustic than anything. And honestly, I thought it sounded great as well.

I fully expected not to like it at all but walked away impressed. If it were cheaper and I played the right genre of music, I would be tempted to pick one up. I can see this guitar working really well in an indie band with more of an acoustic slant. My acoustic needs are covered for the time being. So I'll pass for now. But I could see myself snagging a used one in the future.

8. pwindsor

pwindsor Strat-Talk Member

Amen. It looks pretty nice, but definitely a niche guitar.

9. garyhoos1

garyhoos1 Huffing n Puffing. Strat-Talk Supporter

I seen Fleetwood Max a few years back and Lindsey Buckingham was playing something along the lines of that guitar.

10. Percy

Percy Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Yes these small body acoustics have there own sound.
    I have a 1980's Kramer Ferrington that imho kicks it!

11. Brother_Hesekiel

Brother_Hesekiel Strat-Talk Member

Remember the Chevrolet SSR?

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a18201910/chevrolet-ssr-short-take-road-test/

It's a pickup, convertible, sports car: 3 vehicles in one, and they sold for around $50K new. The thing is, for $50K I can buy a real pickup and a sporty convertible.

Same with the Acoustasonic. It's the answer to a question nobody asked. For the price, one can get a nice acoustic guitar and a nice electric one. A car that is also a boat, isn't a good car and it's also not a good boat. I have different clothes for different purposes, different vehicles for different purposes, and different guitars for different purposes. Even on the human level . . . trying to find a smoking hot woman that can outdo a hooker and is also a god-loving Christian mom is quite difficult.

12. StratoMutt

StratoMutt Strat-Talker

~$2400 would get me another Martin HD-28.

strat_strummer likes this.
  13. Brother_Hesekiel

Brother_Hesekiel Strat-Talk Member

Lindsey Buckingham plays a Turner Model 1, which costs insane money.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.