Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Ahh the smell of a burnt vacuum cleaner motor

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by Lonn, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Lonn

Lonn Mod Admin Staff Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Admin Post
    Bought this outer space looking thing. Supposed to be great with pet hair, which is probably what killed the old one and the ones before that. Our white shepherd sheds a whole new dog every couple of days. Is it wrong that I'm excited about a new vacuum cleaner? I couldn't find any black ones with flames on the side. Yes I do all the vacuuming.

[​IMG]

Mr. Lumbergh and johnnymg like this.

2. otto6457

otto6457 Strat-O-Master

I have an old prehistoric Kirby. The thing weighs a ton and is just stupid loud. It showed up at my house back when me and the little woman had only been married a year or so. I came home from work and she was un-boxing the behemoth. I asked her where and why she bought this enormous vacuum cleaner with a seemingly endless number of attachments? Turns out one of her friends at work dabbled in the fine art of vacuum cleaner sales as a way to make some extra cash. My lovely bride fell hook, line, and sinker for the sales pitch and ordered one right up. Well my friends, that little vacuum cleaner and all the goodies hit my credit card to the tune of $1100.00. I was struck dumb. What on earth was she thinking? The car I was driving at the time didn't cost $1100.00. I didn't owe that much to the Snap-On tool guy and those tools paid the bills. I was so angry I wanted to spit. But........I didn't. I didn't say a word because I knew, she knew, I was upset. I just let it slide in the spirit of domestic tranquility and marital bliss.

The irony is that I don't think she ever pushed the blasted thing around. Running the vacuum cleaner was my appointed chore. And I'm still pushing that obnoxious thing around since I was the lucky one to score it in the divorce. I guess it arrived at my door sometime around 1980 so it's been a solid investment. Never a moments problem except dragging it from the closet and muscling it around the house. Did I mention it's LOUD? I'm surprised the cops aren't called when I fire it up.

Yep.........I still hate the thing after all these years.

Mr. Lumbergh and nuculer terrist like this.

3. ChatNoir

ChatNoir Strat-O-Master

Dec 11, 2010
    Peabody, MA
    I loved the rocket - but that's the vac that caught fire...

johnnymg likes this.

4. Boognish

Boognish Senior Stratmaster

Jan 31, 2011
    Austin
    Hey man! Ain't nothing wrong with getting excited about a new vacuum! I do all the vacuuming too. I'm holding out because they are so expensive!

We had to get a new washer and dryer 2 weeks ago. We had one of the front load washer and dryer. We will never get another one. JUNK!!!!! The day before they delivered the new top loading washer and dryer, she said I know I'm getting old because I'm excited about getting a new washer and dryer!

5. nuculer terrist

nuculer terrist Senior Stratmaster

Mar 12, 2014
    center of the mind
    Usually around here people set them out for the trash when the belt breaks or the bag gets full, so i grab them, put in a belt or bag and use it til it dies or we find a better one. Had an oreck that was nice and light.

johnnymg likes this.

6. johnnymg

johnnymg Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

Sep 5, 2015
    Central Coast Ca
    I was wondering why it came with a free 1 pound fire extinguisher. :whistling:

7. Mr. Lumbergh

Mr. Lumbergh needs you to go ahead and come in on Sunday, too. Strat-Talk Supporter

Jan 10, 2014
    Initech, Inc.
    Black with flames would've been cool, but you have to make do with what you have.
    This is nothing that can't be settled with a template and a can of spray paint though...

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018

8. CeltRocka

CeltRocka Senior Stratmaster

May 28, 2009
    Wales UK
    Well, well grown men talking about vacuum cleaners- never thought I,d see the day:thumbd::thumbd:

tery likes this.

9. Lone Woof

Lone Woof Senior Stratmaster

Nov 30, 2014
    WI
    12 years ago I bought a refurbished Kirby for $325. It has been trouble-free all this time. It weighs a ton, but works great and can be repaired at any number of independent repair shops. The new vacuums (Dysons, especially) look ridiculous to me. They're all disposable, overpriced plastic junk.

10. Lonn

Lonn Mod Admin Staff Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Admin Post
    I won't buy another Dyson for sure.

11. Robins

Robins Dr. von Loudster Strat-Talk Supporter

Dec 22, 2010
    Germany
    It is a Die-Soon you say xD
    Well, it is in the name.
    Sorry to hear - that sucks xD
    It is my vacuum cleaner joke day, today.
    I really hate vacuum cleaners - all of them - I can´t stand those noises, too many wrong tones in a bunch and the added whistles and things. I am happy my twin girls doing that stuff for us. God bless them.

Life is good,
    Robin