Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

"American Original" replacing American Vintage?

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by tealsixtysix, Dec 29, 2017.

1. tealsixtysix

tealsixtysix Senior Stratmaster

Aug 30, 2015
    Massachusetts USA
    Found on the website of a Serbian Fender dealer: Fender American Original Series. Looks like this will replace the American Vintage line.

This dealer shows 50s and 60s Strats and Teles, a 50s Precision, and 60s and 70s Jazz basses. (That may or may not be the whole lineup.)

They look like Thin Skins, basically - vintage details, nitro finishes, but with 9.5" radius and 6105 frets.

http://www.mitrosmusic.com/search/t:Fender+American+original

IMG_2087.PNG

IMG_2086.PNG
    IMG_2099.PNG
    IMG_2100.PNG

2. Mr Dunlop

Mr Dunlop Senior Stratmaster

Nov 30, 2014
    usa
    I noticed on the sweetwater site most of the American vintage strats were saying no longer available.

3. Ebidis

Ebidis Providing the world with flat bends since 1985 Strat-Talk Supporter

Nov 14, 2013
    Alabama
    I sense a great disturbance in the force.

If they will no longer offer any MIA model with 7.25 radius and small frets, some people are going to be upset.

Dave J, H. Mac, Dare1 and 8 others like this.

4. velvet_man

velvet_man Strat-O-Master

Sep 7, 2016
    Vancouver
    To me, this seems like more of a retread of the American Vintage Hot Rod line than a replacement for the AVRIs. If it's not full vintage spec, I don't see how it can replace the AVRI.

Dave J, Bluestrat83 and Folk_Hogan like this.

5. LeicaBoss

LeicaBoss Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

Sep 4, 2015
    New Jersey
    I am really really happy that I got one of the "Ooops, these are too close to Custom Shop models" American Vintage guitars

Guitarmaan, Dare1, aiabx and 4 others like this.

6. Percy

Percy Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

bye bye avri.....american vintage reissue...

hello faos.... fender american original series

smccnetwork and Folk_Hogan like this.

7. knh555

knh555 Senior Stratmaster

Dec 6, 2016
    Massachusetts
    Glad I got my AV65. These are just MIA Classic Players with lacquer given the fretboard radius and frets.

Jazzant85, BlueCajun and ZlurkCorzDog like this.

8. Thrup'ny Bit

Thrup'ny Bit Grand Master Curmudgeon Strat-Talk Supporter

May 21, 2010
    Sheffield, UK
    And lots are going to be seeing $$$$$ signs every time they look at their proper Strat, which by definition will have become genuinely vintage and suddenly much more desirable on the used market.

Omar and ocean like this.

9. monwobobbo

monwobobbo Strat-O-Master

Aug 30, 2010
    scottsville ny usa
    don't be surpised if they pull a Gibson and come out with a Historic series that will cost more.

s5tuart likes this.

10. TomH8

TomH8 Strat-O-Master

May 1, 2014
    USA
    But the historic series is Gibson’s Custom Shop. This would be a standard non custom shop option

11. Ebidis

Ebidis Providing the world with flat bends since 1985 Strat-Talk Supporter

Nov 14, 2013
    Alabama
    incorrigible
    They already have that. It's called the custom shop.

12. LeicaBoss

LeicaBoss Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

Sep 4, 2015
    New Jersey
    Step 1: Discontinue popular model
    Step 2: Replace it with something less desirable at a slightly lower price point
    Step 3: Re-introduce the popular model with a different name... at a higher pricepoint

H. Mac, vid1900 and john lavelle like this.

13. echoes71

echoes71 Senior Stratmaster

Jul 15, 2013
    USA
    A asked my rep at Sweetwater if the American Vintage was being discontinued, he said no. They are just low on stock due to the holidays.

14. knh555

knh555 Senior Stratmaster

Dec 6, 2016
    Massachusetts
    On the other hand, they've dropped the price, which indicates they're either not selling or they want to reduce stock.

GoldenEagle0308 likes this.

15. Percy

Percy Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Anyone want too buy my '91 AVRI '62 Strat....10,000.00 USD's.....Vintage.....:thumb:

Edit i had better buy a lotto ticket...look at my post count....6666..oops

16. Nate D

Nate D Senior Stratmaster

Apr 2, 2016
    Ohio
    Unless they sold very poorly and was a major loss for a business that’s desperately trying to stay afloat in the market they created.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017

17. dazco

dazco Former Member

Oct 5, 2017
    california
    Google search brings up nothing about an american original series. Something is wrong with this or we'd e able to find other info. And to eliminate the AVRI stuff....i can't imagine that or think of any reason they'd do that. I CAN however see what i believe would be a big market for a USA line thats similar to the squier vintage mod stuff where they take a vintage design and put a 9.5 radius and medium frets on it. I can't count the times i hear people say they want a RI type model but with 9.5"/medium frets. Look how popular the baja teles are which are basically MIM classic series with modern board/frets/switching. Been wondering how long it will take fender to understand ho popular that would be.

velvet_man likes this.

18. monwobobbo

monwobobbo Strat-O-Master

Aug 30, 2010
    scottsville ny usa
    now yes but that doesn't mean that they won't come out with a production line that will give you those "authentic" features. of course it's also possible that Fender has read the writing on the wall and is trying to hop off the "it must be exactly as it was" train. many younger players don't care as much about things like 7.25" fretboards or the small frets as that isn't what they are used to playing. personally i don't like 7.25" and can certainly get by withyout vintage frets either. if they made a 70s style 3 bolt with the newer specs i'd be right there to buy one (in natural finish). i like the look but need a guitar i'm comfortable playing.

Brucifer85 and Nate D like this.

19. Mr Dunlop

Mr Dunlop Senior Stratmaster

Nov 30, 2014
    usa
    Sweetwater changed the status on the american vintage strats from yesterday that stated no longer available to more on the way notify me when in stock.
    The guitar are still reduced at a good price for a brand new strat.

20. John C

John C Senior Stratmaster

Jul 17, 2012
    Kansas City
    Remember - it was dealers outside the USA that outed the American Elites in 2015, and the American Professionals last fall long before any official announcement was made about them replacing the American Deluxe and American Standard (respectively).

Hey, I was the one who posted about this being a rumor a week or so ago (when the prices on the AVs was first cut) based on a post I saw on The Gear Page (that cited some social media postings from Chicago Music Exchange). Now that I've seen the descriptions I'm wondering if it is actually another attempt at an Vintage Hot Rod series instead of a replacement for the AV series.