Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

American Professional Stratocaster

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by KayBreas, May 16, 2018.

1. KayBreas

KayBreas Strat-Talker

Apr 29, 2018
    Turkey
    I decided to get Used fender 2017 american professional stratocaster with antique olive color

I decided to get sss one instead of hss I wish I don't be regretted after

Does single coil bridge pups makes huge difference when they compared to humbucker should I go with hss

And I also choose the strat instead of gibson les paul studio deluxe I will mod my strat If i want humbucker sound

It says strats weights about 7 to 9 pounds and les pauls are also weights about 8 to 9 but reviewers says strat lighter than les paul but it doesn't make sense

I can get an used Fender american deluxe stratocaster too but they said in forum noiseless pups are not good I agree with that too

Does it any reason to choose deluxe instead of pro The differences that I know just bridge, tuners s1switch, reversed trussrod, noiseless pups, carved neckjoint and compound radius I don't know does old deluxes has same specs but it says those are for elite.

I will upgrade tuners and bridge after few months and make my pro like an deluxe if its any necessary

Do you think I made any mistake about my decisions

Last edited: May 16, 2018
    Yves likes this.

2. Raimonds

Raimonds Senior Stratmaster

Mar 28, 2015
    Latvia
    IMO you dont need this guitar.

And thing I have never understood: What's the point to ask about internet thoughts about colour? You will get 3 kind of answers: meh, like it, dont care. What conclusion will you make out of that? It will be your guitar not those guys who answer the question, it is up to you to decide what you think about the colour.

RobZ69, riles1, Will Lefeurve and 2 others like this.

3. KayBreas

KayBreas Strat-Talker

Apr 29, 2018
    Turkey
    You are right nevermind about colors I will delete that part but why do you think that I dont need this guitar I just asked few question and they all bout experience and I think there is a lot of experienced player here.

4. Ebidis

Ebidis Providing the world with flat bends since 1985 Strat-Talk Supporter

Nov 14, 2013
    Alabama
    It's a great guitar, I doubt you will need any upgrades as it is made with high quality components.

A single coil bridge pickup is different than a humbucker, but it is not a huge difference, just use the tone knob to mellow it out if it is too bright.

As far as weight, yes, they can vary a bit, but Strats are very ergonomic, and comfortable.

The AM Pro is a great, very well made, versatile guitar. I doubt very much that you will regret your decision.

5. Raimonds

Mar 28, 2015
    Latvia
    Looking at the questions I see that you dont know much about guitars, most probably you are starting to learn electric guitars and you are already eager to modify perfectly normal guitar with quite useless mods (tuners, bridge..why?)
    If you want to understand sss vs hss, get 2 Squiers, you can get them both much cheaper than AmProfesional.
    Noiseless pickups are not bad for number of players, including Eric Clapton.

6. KayBreas

KayBreas Strat-Talker

Apr 29, 2018
    Turkey
    Thanks you a lot man Im having very hard times to make a decision and your message make me feel so comfortable

7. Will Lefeurve

Will Lefeurve Senior Stratmaster

Mar 1, 2016
    England & France
    @KayBreas have you actually bought the PRO..?

Yes.. there are a lot of experienced players here, but we can't advise as to what guitar you will like. As @Raimonds says you'd get many different preferences and opinions. You'd end up more confused than you are now.

Why would you buy a Pro, and then turn it into a Deluxe..? that doesn't make sense.

All guitars are a 'compromise' there's no perfect guitar. Only the player can merit the guitar he has in his hands. If you've bought the PRO, don't even think of modifying it. You are young.. play it, learn on it, make it your instrument. Only time will tell if its the guitar for you..

riles1 likes this.

8. Ebidis

Ebidis Providing the world with flat bends since 1985 Strat-Talk Supporter

Nov 14, 2013
    Alabama
    @Raimonds is right about the mods. The tuners and bridge are not better on the Elite. In fact, the bridges on both guitars are exactly the same. Only the saddles are different, and different does not mean better or worse, only different.

9. KayBreas

KayBreas Strat-Talker

Apr 29, 2018
    Turkey
    You might said it more gently I felt like someone beatin me so hard
    Im a beginner I know enough about guitars Im playing classical about 2 years but I can't decide easily so I want to be perfectly sure.

I think I said I will be modify it if its any necessary it doesn't same as Im gonna modify it no matter what I don't have money either.

My situation its too complicated I will buy an high end guitar for just once and I want to get the perfect one not cheap squiers.

Dick Blackmore likes this.

10. Guitarmageddon

Guitarmageddon Squier-A-Holic Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 19, 2014
    Windsor, Ontario, Canada
    I prefer Squier to Fender....Classic Vibe is a great guitar!! Squier is not cheap...even lower end ones are excellent....

Do you have an electric guitar now? I think it's silly at this stage to get into spending like 1000 euro or more.....you can do well for under 400-500.....

11. KayBreas

KayBreas Strat-Talker

Apr 29, 2018
    Turkey
    I know he is right and you are right And thats what I wanted

I didnt bought yet I will be thanks for helping

I see now it doesn't make sense too
    Thanks I will learn it and make it talk to me

12. KayBreas

KayBreas Strat-Talker

Apr 29, 2018
    Turkey
    I didn't know that thanks :)

13. KayBreas

KayBreas Strat-Talker

Apr 29, 2018
    Turkey
    Im living in turkey my aunt living in boston I will buy guitar just for once and she will bring it to me

In my country ampro is 9500try , and in turkey you earn 1600-3000try for a month make your calculations.

I want to get a goodie and learn on it its not a rich boi situation

Stratoskater likes this.

14. Guitarmageddon

Guitarmageddon Squier-A-Holic Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 19, 2014
    Windsor, Ontario, Canada
    I understand! And I'm telling you that a Squier Classic Vibe is a goodie, a keeper for life, a good enough guitar for a touring professional guitar player.....

It's also MUCH less money like 1/3 or less the price of an American Pro......

You are 16 years old, it's CRAZY to spend that much money right now.....I did not buy an expensive guitar until I was in my 30s! And I sold it (2007 Eric Clapton USA Artist Series black Strat) because I liked Squier better it felt better and played better....

johnnymg and Will Lefeurve like this.

15. Raimonds

Mar 28, 2015
    Latvia
    My only strat like object is even cheaper Johnson for almost 20 years, which costs new less than cheapest squier and the only thing it needed was setup. I swapped pickups at some time to Toneriders, which are cheap as well. And you know, it sounds good. It is much much more useful to invest in learning, get good teacher, who will teach you how to play, it will be far better investment than expensive guitar.
    There is nothing wrong with so called cheap guitars today, manufacturing is at much higher level and produces much better guitars than 30-40 years ago, even cheap ones.

Guitarmageddon likes this.

16. Raiders757

Raiders757 Senior Stratmaster

Sep 2, 2016
    Virginia
    What kind of music do you like, and plan to learn to play? If it's metal and heavy riff rock, you might want to go with an HSS. If you want to play the blues, funk, and jangly sounding tunes, get an SSS.

17. Stratoskater

Stratoskater Senior Stratmaster

Feb 8, 2011
    Raleigh NC
    Don't let anyone tell you what you need just because you are a beginner. My son is starting lessons next week and I gave him my 11 month old, $2,800 Martin OM 21 as his first guitar so I could by a Martin OMJM. If you can afford it and want it then get it!

18. KayBreas

KayBreas Strat-Talker

Apr 29, 2018
    Turkey
    I will consider this thanks

19. Stratoskater

Stratoskater Senior Stratmaster

Feb 8, 2011
    Raleigh NC
    You will find plenty of folks on this and other forums that look down at or talk down to folks who have expensive gear. They tell us that we wasted our money and should have bought this over that. You only live once so get what you want is my opinion.

Theo, Mr Dunlop, Ebidis and 3 others like this.

20. KayBreas

KayBreas Strat-Talker

Apr 29, 2018
    Turkey
    I like 80' 90's classical rock and linkin park,foo fighters,seether guns n roses queen prince green day and other rock music artists and bands I also like alternative music with guitar.
    I also love blues
    I like bright tones :)

I plan to learn to produce my own music probably rock

RobZ69 and Raiders757 like this.