Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

American Professional Stratocaster

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by KayBreas, May 16, 2018 at 1:33 PM.

1. KayBreas

KayBreas Strat-Talk Member

Apr 29, 2018
    Turkey
    Actually I cant afford it directly but my aunt helping me :) I want that guitar and now I know its good I don't have that much money either

2. KayBreas

Apr 29, 2018
    Turkey
    You are extremly right thank you

RobZ69, Ebidis and Stratoskater like this.

3. KayBreas

Apr 29, 2018
    Turkey
    Can I add s1 switch to my strat by modding it ?

4. Stratoskater

Stratoskater Senior Stratmaster

Feb 8, 2011
    Raleigh NC
    Very nice of your aunt to help you out. Be sure once you get better to learn her favorite song and play it for her! I make that deal with my wife when I buy new guitars.

riles1 and Raiders757 like this.

5. Raiders757

Raiders757 Senior Stratmaster

Sep 2, 2016
    Virginia
    Personally, if that's the kind of music you want to play, I would suggest an HSS with a coil split for the humbucker. That way you'll have he best of both worlds. Also, I suggest getting a decent acoustic guitar to learn with as well. They're great for getting your finger dexterity built up.

KayBreas and Stratoskater like this.

6. KayBreas

Apr 29, 2018
    Turkey
    She already wanted one but its too easy and its an classical guitar songs with 4 chord
    So Im gonna ask one more song for request

Stratoskater likes this.

7. Stratoskater

Stratoskater Senior Stratmaster

Feb 8, 2011
    Raleigh NC
    @KayBreas This is excellent advice right here. Raiders is right that a HSS may serve you better for that style music. Not to say you can't play it with SSS though.

Raiders757 and KayBreas like this.

8. KayBreas

Apr 29, 2018
    Turkey
    But there is no antique olive color with hss and this model doesn't has coil split If I want humbucker on bridge its not expensive it might take me 250 usd to mod it

I will add an humbucker and coil split if i need :)

I still can get gibson les paul studio deluxe but I don't wanna get confused again

I need an acoustic so much but not now :( I can't afford it and also an ukulele im in love with those little cute things

Raiders757 and Ebidis like this.

9. Raimonds

Raimonds Senior Stratmaster

Mar 28, 2015
    Latvia
    Everyone has his rights of opinion. My opinion is that it is better buy cheaper guitar and invest in lessons and learning than get expensive guitar/amp/pedal. There are numerous examples where experienced players play so called cheap things and they sound absolutely fine and complete opposite. Its up to OP to decide who he wants to be. :)

Thrup'ny Bit, riles1 and johnnymg like this.

10. KayBreas

Apr 29, 2018
    Turkey

I was gonna get epi tribute plus and exp amp instead of exp guitar but I cant use exp amp bcz they are too loud and tube amps must be turned up to hear thier tone and Im gonna get an decent practice and im looking for a good teacher thanks to you for thinking best for me :)

Im thinking vox vtx or av series by the way

11. johnnymg

johnnymg Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

Sep 5, 2015
    Central Coast Ca
    ^^^^^^^

This is wise advice here.

RobZ69, riles1 and Guitarmageddon like this.

12. johnnymg

johnnymg Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

Sep 5, 2015
    Central Coast Ca
    You should also consider a Boss Katana 50.

Regardless of the amp, I think you're approaching this guitar selection ars-backwards. You need to earn some chops and experience before buying into a crazy expensive guitar. It's a real mistake to think that buying expensive is a way to avoid disappointment.

Last edited: May 16, 2018 at 3:18 PM

13. Guitarmageddon

Guitarmageddon Squier-A-Holic Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 19, 2014
    Windsor, Ontario, Canada
    Yeah, he wants all these instruments but is stuck on an American Pro or Elite or Deluxe......

Think of all the things you could get if you got a Squier Classic Vibe or a Fender Mexico Standard...you would have like nearly 1000 US dollars left over to buy other things, that ukulele, a decent acoustic @KayBreas

Will Lefeurve likes this.

14. Guitarmageddon

Guitarmageddon Squier-A-Holic Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 19, 2014
    Windsor, Ontario, Canada
    Tube amps don't need to be turned up to hear good tone - ones with a master volume are fine at low levels, and most have them these days. It seems like a lot of your knowledge is coming from opinions of people online on guitar forums rather than your own experience....

riles1 and Will Lefeurve like this.

15. KayBreas

Apr 29, 2018
    Turkey

Mexican is 599 and Im getting Ampro for 1000 but you are right I would get them too if my aunt can bring 3 guitar at once but she can't so she is giving me 750 and im sending her 250 and buying it

Ebidis likes this.

16. KayBreas

Apr 29, 2018
    Turkey
    When I get more experienced I will sell it and get what I need they are too valuable here when they compared to usa

And maybe it will fit to me my whole life who knows :)

17. Vindibona1

Vindibona1 Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

I recognize that English isn't your first language so there are some questions that aren't clear.

Did you already buy the Strat American Professional SSS or just strongly thinking about it, but not purchased yet? There are a number of factors to consider.

1) HSS vs SSS.... For the style that I play which is varied I prefer the HSS. I can do more with the bridge pickup. A single coil in the bridge, can be a little too thin (keeping the wording simple).

2) Professional VS Les Paul Studio Deluxe? ... That is a difficult choice. My personal opinion is that Gibsons are overpriced. Again, my PERSONAL opinion is that *I* don't like the neck on the Professional Strat. It pushes my thumb out of position and causes my hand to cramp. I like the old MIA Standards, Deluxe and the new Elite model, but I could never buy the American Professional. I suggest you play it before you buy it. I'm not sure what your situation is there in Turkey. I know that others will disagree and say they love the Professional. I've only described MY preferences. Yours may be different.

Did you already buy it?

18. KayBreas

Apr 29, 2018
    Turkey
    Im so sorry if I made too many mistakes about language yes its not my main language

No I didnt buy it yet I am strongly thinking to buy it

I will be considering about hss but I have limited time and If i can't find used hss I will get sss and maybe add an humbucker to bridge if i need it

I played both elite and pro and didn't make me feel wrong but I will try them again

19. KayBreas

Apr 29, 2018
    Turkey
    I tried them and I think they meant to be loud they are good when they turned up a bit but I don't wanna get in trouble with my neighbours I will play loud amps when I find true condition :(

20. Ebidis

Ebidis Providing the world with flat bends since 1985 Strat-Talk Supporter

Nov 14, 2013
    Alabama
    Get what you really want.

No one has given you bad advice, but I know from personal experience, if you settle for a guitar that is not the guitar you really wanted, it will nag at you, and you will not feel satisfied.

Practice, experience, and even lessons are important, but so is having a guitar that you love, because it will inspire you to play it, and having an expensive guitar does not mean you cannot have the other things.

So don't let anyone else tell you what You should want.