Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Any Info on the Raw Fender Strat?

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by zimbo, Feb 11, 2018.

1. zimbo

zimbo Strat-Talker

Feb 21, 2014
    Rochester, NY
    I saw one at GC a week ago but when I went back it was gone. I think it's a limited release maybe just for GC. I don't see any more info on it. I think raw applies to the finish.

Anyone pick one up?

abnormaltoy likes this.

2. Boognish

Boognish Senior Stratmaster

Jan 31, 2011
    Austin
    I don't really care for the natural look, but that one looks good, to me. I've got a question though...I assumed those were Noiseless Pickups but the specs call them American Vintage. What is the advantage of having covers over the poles on the pickup whether it Noiseless pickups or some other type of pickup without?

Paperback Rocker and abnormaltoy like this.

3. stratomatt

stratomatt Strat-Talker

Sep 23, 2010
    San Diego
    I saw one last week at GC. Liked the feel of it a lot, but I didn't plug it in. The sales guy told me a lot of people were trying it. Too bad it doesn't have a rosewood board though. That would look great to me.

lineboat, johnnymg and abnormaltoy like this.

4. Stratdejavu

Stratdejavu Strat-Talker

Dec 31, 2017
    Unknown
    Warning the above link contains nudity (i.e. too natural lol).

5. zimbo

zimbo Strat-Talker

Feb 21, 2014
    Rochester, NY
    abnormaltoy and Mr Dunlop like this.

6. GoDogGo

GoDogGo New Member!

Nov 5, 2014
    Ann Arbor, MI
    I just bought a Fender American Special “Raw” (Natural) Ash Stratocaster last night. Nice guitar, and I wanted an American Strat that was a little different.

It has the smaller headstock than most American Specials. But the headstock shapes never bothered me - big or small.

Neck is a modern C, which feels thin to me because I’ve been playing a G&L Tele with their Classic C (chunkier) neck. But it only took a few minutes to get used to. Nice satin finish on neck. Very playable.

Body is thin satin finish too, which works well on the natural ash wood. Nice grain. Over 7, but under 8 lbs. I like the weight. I wanted an ash body Strat.

Thin strings (9’s) came on it. I’ll jump up to 10’s. Nice low action. The tone is “vintage” to my ears. The pickups look odd to me, but they sound great. Closest I have played/heard were 57/62’s - that how they sound to me. Buddy Holly songs come to mind. I have G&L’s with beefy tones, so this “Raw” Strat is a nice addition.

Gig bag, not hard shell case. But no problem with that. I don’t play out. Nice little “certificate of authenticity” came with it, and other misc paperwork.

I like colors. I even have a red metal flake G&L Tele and a Brad Paisley silver metal flake Tele. So maybe when I saw this hanging at the store I was having some deep-seeded craving for simplicity. It’s a cool Strat.

It’s supposed to be a limited edition, but no special stickers or markings indicate that, which is okay with me.

Anyone else have one?

Candy-apple and abnormaltoy like this.

7. Shadowwolf

Shadowwolf New Member!

Wednesday
    Alabama,USA
    I have one bought it at guitar center. The serial number is designated as a guitar made for guitar center. The pickups are made by the fender custom shop for that guitar only. I called fender that's how I know about my stray. The pickups are rated at 8kohms was what I was told .love it very much anyone who asked me to let them try it love it.

abnormaltoy likes this.

8. spizike231

spizike231 Strat-Talker

Feb 9, 2017
    California
    Jesus 8k

Nice and hot under that pickguard eh? o_O

Shadowwolf and abnormaltoy like this.

9. Shadowwolf

Shadowwolf New Member!

Wednesday
    Alabama,USA
    Yes sir rated at at 8 komhs

abnormaltoy likes this.

10. Shadowwolf

Shadowwolf New Member!

Wednesday
    Alabama,USA
    Neck pickup is between 8.0 to 8.6
    Bridge is 8.3 to 8.9
    Called fender customer service
    That is the specs those pickups are made for only that guitar. Asked how many made and they told me so far 380

abnormaltoy likes this.

11. Shadowwolf

Shadowwolf New Member!

Wednesday
    Alabama,USA

12. Shadowwolf

Shadowwolf New Member!

Wednesday
    Alabama,USA
    So far only 380 made.
    Pickups are exclusively to that guitar only.
    Neck pickup is between 8.0 to 8.3 the bridge is between 8.6 to 8.9

13. Mr Dunlop

Mr Dunlop Senior Stratmaster

Nov 30, 2014
    usa
    I have the pickup readings wrote down somewhere but can not find it. I know I had pretty close to what you had.
    I do not see any markings that indicate custom shop however. Fender is just calling them american vintage.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. midwestfisherma

midwestfisherma Senior Stratmaster

Nov 27, 2011
    MI
    Saw one of these browsing the GC website last week! Now I’m gassing over this thing again! I’ve never really cared for a natural finish but there’s something about this Strat that intrigues me!

15. fattboyzz

fattboyzz Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

Sep 24, 2017
    Newnan ,Ga.
    I agree on the rosewood

it does look kinda nekkid .

16. ProSonicLive

ProSonicLive Senior Stratmaster

Sep 4, 2016
    Texas
    Man, that is one really, really REALLY bright guitar for being Raw. I love maple necks, but someone needs to turn the light down on that one.

17. Ebidis

Ebidis Providing the world with flat bends since 1985 Strat-Talk Supporter

Nov 14, 2013
    Alabama
    I think I want to like this guitar, but I am having a hard time.