Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Anyone else "dabbling" in cryptocurrency?

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by s5tuart, Sep 4, 2017.

1. nungesser

nungesser I ain't askin' for much..Lord take me downtown... Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 28, 2014
    Ireland
    I bet on horses, come on baby! daddy needs a new pair of shoes!:cool:

2. tery

tery Senior Stratmaster

Jul 31, 2014
    Tennessee
    Virtual Money :confused: ... I don't get it ?

3. lonegroover

lonegroover Senior Stratmaster

Mar 5, 2016
    England

Very interesting, Stu. Not something I've ever taken much interest in. Why do you think the value will rise in the last quarter of 2017?

Where do you acquire them? I googled Litecoin and found a page with a list of exchanges here:

https://litecoin.com/services#exchanges

The third one (as I type) has been seized by the authorities apparently:

https://btc-e.com/index.html

4. s5tuart

s5tuart ...... Strat-Talk Supporter

Aug 8, 2011
    Bedford, UK
    My chosen host trader is Coinbase. Sign up and we both get £7 of Bitcoin

https://www.coinbase.com/invite_friends

If I'm correct it's the largest and most trusted for smaller amounts. If you invest a little more than you can write off you will need a safe wallet to keep your coins in. I use Electrum

At the moment there is a lot of interest from the highly censored countries, whose governments can be greedy with those who have some capital. Native currency can be seized but cryptocurrency remains mostly anonymous.
    As Bitcoin etc marches towards it's maximum coins issued (21 million) they will become more valuable in my opinion, especially if they are more accepted as a payment method by more companies. For instance, LOT the Polish Airline, Save The Children charity, Subway already accept them.....
    Finally, the reason I have transferred to LiteCoin is because the transaction verification time is only a few seconds. I personally think this will be more attractive to retailers once cryptocurrency starts to get more popular. I could be very wrong!!!

lonegroover likes this.

5. StillAlive&Well

StillAlive&Well Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

Oct 4, 2014
    Frog, Texas
    I'm a bird in the hand guy.
    upload_2017-9-4_16-34-26.jpeg

ZlurkCorzDog and vlxerdon like this.

6. lonegroover

Mar 5, 2016
    England
    I did sign up, attempted to buy a Litecoin but got some sort of error. Will try again tomorrow. Let me know if I need to provide some sort of referral.

s5tuart likes this.

7. s5tuart

Aug 8, 2011
    Bedford, UK
    They may have to verify your bank if that's how you're paying. I'm pretty sure I had to do that...

8. DIYrocker

DIYrocker Senior Stratmaster

Dec 16, 2013
    Pennsylvania

9. Neil.C

Neil.C Senior Stratmaster

Mar 3, 2012
    Surrey, England
    Investing has always been my hobby but I have never gone the bitcoin route.

Probably through ignorance and not enough research but it seems to me there is nothing there. o_O

Of course I also still have a lot of CD's as I don't like buying invisible music that you don't actually own out of the air either. ;)

10. Boognish

Boognish Senior Stratmaster

Jan 31, 2011
    Austin
    There was a guy that ran an investment company and he was on a talk radio show last week here and he was talking about it and is no longer dealing with US Currency and only invests with bitcoin now because he is so sure of it. He made some great points and explained everything really well but I still don't know enough about it to invest in something especially somthing that is not tangible. I looked it up online after hearing him and $120 US Dollars would get you 0.02365 bitcoins...doesn't sound like much. But as I said, I don't know enough about it.

11. Deckard

Deckard Strat-O-Master

Jan 10, 2015
    Ontario Canada
    Currency that's even more artificially controlled then normal currency already is...I'll pass.

Stratoskater and Mississippi_Kid like this.

12. MetalPedal

MetalPedal Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

Oct 22, 2016
    Auto-Wah, Canada
    When you think about it, all money is virtual. Yeah, you can hold and touch a $20.00 bill but it's meaningless and useless unless someone accepts its value. Bitcoins, like regular currency, represent an idea of a value that's determined by market forces mainly beyond our control. Me, I think I'm sticking with the Fallout currency. Bottlecaps are my friend.

CalicoSkies, tery and s5tuart like this.

13. CaseCandy

CaseCandy Senior Stratmaster

May 9, 2015
    UK/Ireland
    Doesn't sound like much but it's still about $120 at the time you checked. Tomorrow 0.02365 BTC may be $130 or $100.

I didn't buy any of my BTC, I mined it off cheap power using an ASIC that I got for very little. I only did it because I was curious about it.

Boognish likes this.

14. s5tuart

Aug 8, 2011
    Bedford, UK
    You seem to have done rather well! :D

15. carver

carver The East Coast Strangler Strat-Talk Supporter

investments are funny...

no word of a lie... my father in law invested in this company about 17 years ago because he thought the name was funny....

that company... lu lu lemon.

he has made a boat load off of what he considered a silly move that was just for a laugh

Boognish likes this.

16. Boognish

Boognish Senior Stratmaster

Jan 31, 2011
    Austin

I have to admit...I'm a fan of this company! Not because I like their clothing line but because of the ladies I see wearing that clothing line!:thumb::D

carver likes this.

17. carver

carver The East Coast Strangler Strat-Talk Supporter

now that is my kind of investment.

18. Mansonienne

Mansonienne Stratocrastinator Extraordinaire Strat-Talk Supporter

Dec 2, 2015
    Paris suburbs, France
    Just saw an article saying they were risky, and tanking right now... but I admit I know nothing about it.

19. lonegroover

Mar 5, 2016
    England
    Started my new life as a digital currency investor this morning. Buy low, sell high. What can go wrong?

Neil.C and s5tuart like this.

20. Bodean

Bodean You'll shoot your eye out kid Strat-Talk Supporter

Aug 23, 2014
    South Carolina
    So this is in a sense virtual currency that doesn't exist?
    So I can buy it with virtual money? Because in my virtual life I am a millionaire.:D