Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Anyone heard of "Vintage UK"?

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by OrangeMapleNeck, Sep 13, 2017.

1. OrangeMapleNeck

OrangeMapleNeck Strat-Talk Member

Aug 31, 2017
    India
    I'm inquiring from a seller for a squier deluxe strat (costs INR 29,990 here) and the seller suggested these guitars:

http://guitarstore.in/products/1781-vintage-v6-hftb.aspx

http://guitarstore.in/products/1778-vintage-v6-fr.aspx

anyone heard of this company?

I can think of two negatives right away:
    A) I have no idea if it's as universally compatible with fender upgrades, and an alder body at this price just doesn't sound right. Could be lowest quality alder they could find (keep in mind US prices for these are usually INR 5-10k lower).
    B) They have a distressed look, but I wanna distress my axe myself with age...
    Here's what they had to say:

Capture.PNG

(I have no issues with the delays... I'm getting my guitar a month later anyway)
    So which one is a better bet according to you?

2. alainvey

alainvey Senior Stratmaster

Jan 31, 2015
    London, UK
    These have a great reputation. Can't say if they're better or worse than a Squier deluxe, but I can attest to the quality of Wilkinson-licensed hardware in general - the trems are excellent.

These are generally built to Fender specs (of some sort; Fender specs vary considerably among themselves). Not sure what upgrades you have in mind. Fender-branded tuners won't fit without minor modification, but otherwise they are industry-standard mountings with a huge variety of high-quality options available. Trem is better than anything Fender put on their guitars until you get into the high end Mexican made territory. Neck and body should be Fender spec, as far as I am aware.

Alder is not a fancy wood, you will find it on the second-cheapest Yamaha Pacificas in the same price range.

A bit of research will yield all kinds of positive reviews, and some interesting endorsees.

They produce non-relic versions as well, though USA distribution is not that great from what I gather. If you don't like the relic job then don't buy the guitar - no way around it.

s5tuart likes this.

3. Yogi

Yogi Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Jan 21, 2009
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Yeah Alder is not a fancy wood, their are Squier Affinities made of Alder. Vintage makes nice guitars. There LP copies are nice, I've never got to really play their strats

4. T Bone Slort

T Bone Slort "I have a cunning plan" Strat-Talk Supporter

Jan 7, 2014
    Gibsons British Columbia
    My first Guitar way a Vintage, VSA555. It was a very nice guitar and had a great tone. Kind of wish that I'd kept it.

5. Skinny Nitro

Skinny Nitro Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

Jul 21, 2013
    Merseyside UK
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2017

6. Padawan

Padawan Strat-Talk Member

Aug 30, 2017
    Bristol, UK
    Great guitars. There are definitely non-distressed versions, I think they're called the Icon Reissued series. My teacher has a wall of Vintage brand guitars and they're all great, the strats even have the bridge wired to the tone knob. They tend to weight a bit more than similar guitars from what I've held - especially the monster 10lb Les Paul type. You can't go too wrong with them, but Squier have really got it nailed in most departments.

7. Wrighty

Wrighty Senior Stratmaster

Mar 7, 2013
    Harlow, Essex, UK
    No need to worry IMO. Know a couple of friends who have them and I've played them. Good necks, quite slim but well finished. Whether or not they suit you only you will know but you shouldn't have any complaints about thecquality

8. Mandrax

Mandrax Senior Stratmaster

Mar 25, 2013
    UK
    Nothing wrong with Vintage, pretty decent guitars in the price range. I've found that some can come up a bit heavy, particularly their Les Paul style guitars, so shop around for one that suits.

9. Elvis v

Elvis v Strat-Talker

Apr 11, 2017
    My place.
    Great guitars. Wilkerson pickups and parts. Wilkerson had a hand in designing them.