Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by Mississippi_Kid, Dec 5, 2017.
I do from time to time, but I dont listen to it for music, but for news or entertainment.
I inherited my Mum's old cassette radio and keep it beside the bed so that I can listen to something after going to bed or before I get up. Also have a radio in both cars. All three tuned permanently to classic FM and woe betide anyone who tries to change stations.
Broadcast radio really depends on where you are. I'm in Western New York and can pull in the best jazz station I've ever listened to. It's in Toronto, Ontario. The local college station has truely eclectic programming, but is predominantly noisy, lo-fi garage rock, which I like. Half of that is bad (badly written, almost always badly recorded, badly performed) but I still like it because it's people trying to make their own statement. The Niagra, Ontario "classic rock" station plays 60% classic rock and the other 40% is album cuts that never made the radio in their day. Additionally, I get all kinds of Canadian rock I've never been exposed to.
Driving across Ontario to Niagara and Buffalo opened my eyes to Canadian music! Man, they've got some good stuff!
Well Id like to say I listen to the Radio but unfortunately, the last time I took my truck through the car was it ate my antenna. I guess it decided it need the antenna more than me.
I used to love "Disc Drive" when I was a college student in the '80's. Great classical music, and almost no commercials.
Yep. I'm outside of Buffalo and hear what you heard. A whole range of good stuff that never cracks the charts, here.
It's a little known secret, but every automatic car wash has boxes of replacement antennas in back.
Don't ask me how I know that....
I listen to radio all the time. I listen online in the morning, and I listen to actual radios in the car and when I'm in the kitchen cooking or cleaning up.
I listen to Bob and Tom in the mornings, to sports in the afternoons, and to music when the wife or kids are in the car.
I listen to Coast To Coast AM on weekend nights since I just usually toss and turn all night anyway. During the week I don't just in case I actually sleep. It comes on at 1 AM and runs til 5
I have already bought a new one. We did go back and the guys that worked there found it but it snapped off in a place that couldn't be fixed.
I do listen to BBC Radio 5 Live quite a bit. News and sport. I have a DAB radio in the garage, Internet radio in the kitchen, bedroom and my study courtesy of three Echo Dots, and an old-fashioned MW shower radio in my bathroom.
Yes. And when I do listen to the radio, it’s never commercial radio, it’s AM often talkback radio with people discussing issues in my community, state or country, issues newspapers used to report on.
I can’t stand commercial radio; too many ads, too many ‘fake’ musicians and singers.
FM and AM radio only. I've collected a large collection of CDs and LP's over the years, pulling them out only on occasion. I like XM and Sirius when I'm in a rental car, but not enough to spend money on it. I've always liked radio, and like listening to ballgames on the radio, news too. We've got a couple stations that are actually independent, so they don't pipe in satellite feeds, but do their own programming - very rare.
It's very rare that I listen to local radio .
I have iTunes on my phone that my daughter pays for me to enjoy :0)
So whether I'm at work or in the car ,I listen to my own choices in music .
When playing guitar i use FM radio music channels as background music.
I fell in love with a band...44-40 or something? They had kind of a 90's alt-rock feel, with clean, minimalist vocals. That was when we almost stacked the car up on the highway south of London...driving conditions were atrocious!
Even on top of that, when I would drive to college in Michigan's Upper Peninsula, we could sometimes get Canadian Public Radio. The content didn't mean a whole heckuva lot to me, but it was very cool just listening and learning to something that was outside of my bubble.