Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Anyone still listen to the actual radio?

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by Mississippi_Kid, Dec 5, 2017.

1. bchaffin72

bchaffin72 Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter Vendor Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Stratford,Ontario
    At home, no. It's either youtube or CD. I do listen to the radio in the car, mostly because the CD player crapped out. There's a local station that plays oldies and classic rock. They've also been including more classic metal stuff lately, too. And they're relatively lower on advertising, so I actually get to hear music. Most of the time...................:D

2. aiabx

aiabx Strat-Talker

Nov 27, 2013
    Toronto
    Was 54-40 the band you were thinking of?

3. Green Craig

Green Craig Senior Stratmaster

Oct 15, 2012
    Michigan
    YES! Thank you!

aiabx likes this.

4. SurfsUp

SurfsUp Strat-O-Master

May 18, 2016
    C-Town, Ontario
    Every morning I'm days (I work shifts) I listen to AM news for the headlines on the hour......DaveFM is a local station here, it's fine but the afternoon guy talks wayyyyyyyyyyy too much.

At home I stream from Accuradio, which I think is the best free streaming site. Little to no ads.

5. ocean

ocean Most Honored Senior Member

Apr 14, 2015
    In a house
    AM in morning .. classic Rock FM... Can't afford that satellite stuff.

6. joebloggs

joebloggs Strat-Talker

Jun 18, 2017
    Canada

7. joebloggs

joebloggs Strat-Talker

Jun 18, 2017
    Canada
    Me neither.

ocean likes this.

8. Tone Quest

Tone Quest Strat-O-Master

Sep 11, 2013
    Raleigh, NC
    I listen to the radio in my office at work, in the car and in my garage when working on projects.

ocean likes this.

9. SurfsUp

SurfsUp Strat-O-Master

May 18, 2016
    C-Town, Ontario
    I find satellite radio loops and loops and just well, loops.

I had a free subscription with Sirius when I bought my van. I'd drive to work listening and when my shift was over, the same songs would he playing in the same order.

Was like groundhog day!

10. Mr. Lumbergh

Mr. Lumbergh needs you to go ahead and come in on Sunday, too. Strat-Talk Supporter

Jan 10, 2014
    Initech, Inc.
    If you include internet radio, there’s an awesome station down in Kingston that I listen to when I’m in a reggae mood.
    Otherwise no, not on purpose.

11. newplayeroldguy

newplayeroldguy in the wind Strat-Talk Supporter

May 12, 2015
    north and east
    I don't, but we were traveling yesterday, on a 4 hour drive, She Who Must Be Obeyed decided to turn the radio on. Now she and I have very different tastes in music - she tending to like pop and even bubblegum and me being more blues or classic rock. So every time a song that I didn't hate came on, she was changing the station to look for something else.

It was a bit like some water torture, but I kept my mouth shut. With age comes wisdom, or at least acceptance

12. tery

tery Most Honored Senior Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Tennessee
    XM , Cable TV :confused: ... why pay for something that's free ?

13. adiabatic

adiabatic Senior Stratmaster

Jul 2, 2013
    Western Canada
    I haven't listened to the radio in 5 or 6 years. We only have one classic rock station so my choices are limited right off the bat. I used to listen to that station every day when commuting then they had some staffing changes and seemed to have decided that loud annoying voices were what was needed for ads. I don't understand why a station that caters to middle-aged listeners thought that was a good idea. I tried the station again last year and turned it off at the first ad break.

One day I switched to podcasts and streaming media during an annoying ad break and never switched back. Now I primarily listen to SiriusXM in the car (I really like the decade-themed and classic rock stations) and guitar podcasts on the motorcycle (bluetooth headset in my helmet).

14. Polarbear

Polarbear Don Poleone Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 18, 2011
    St Leonards, UK
    Radio? Who needs the radio?

Raiders757, Mississippi_Kid and tery like this.

15. anderz

anderz Strat-O-Master

May 4, 2014
    Denmark
    Yes

Fm is still available in Denmark and we have 4 or 5 national stations plus a lot of local ones.

I mainly listen to national 4 when I have time or rather want to.

I still a Beosystem 6500 from 1991 which has a Beomaster with radio. I got it all serviced so the system works great.

Also got a 1981 Beosystem 6000 which I use.

Both systems consist of units like beomaster radio, beogram record player, Beocord cassette tapedeck and for 6500 Beogram cd player.

All made by Bang&Olufsen in Denmark.

Mississippi_Kid likes this.

16. Willie D

Willie D Senior Stratmaster

17. supernintendo64

supernintendo64 Strat-Talk Member

Apr 14, 2017
    Alabama
    I still listen to terrestrial radio because it's the only radio option my 2001 Lexus has.

I alternate between the two classic rock stations in my area. One of them has better music in my opinion but has more commercials but the other has less commercials but they don't play as much of the stuff that I like (and they also play the single/radio edits of songs instead of the original like the other station). There was this third station that I used to like that played some modern stuff in addition to the old stuff (including some non-hits) but the station was slowly taken over by more pop-y music so I quit listening.

ocean and Mississippi_Kid like this.

18. ocean

ocean Most Honored Senior Member

Apr 14, 2015
    In a house
    Is sirx radio or what ever it is called in car worth it ? Thinking not since they don't have an all pink Floyd channel..

19. Guitarmageddon

Guitarmageddon Squier-a-holic Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 19, 2014
    Windsor, Ontario, Canada
    Well worth it! Tons of channels (over 100) and if you take a trip out of town you never need to change channels...it's always in range.......don't sign up for the first offer you get, complain about the price you can get it for about $150 a year or less Canadian....they want like 250-300 I think.....

20. rich724

rich724 Strat-Talker

May 18, 2013
    Linden, MI
    Not music. Maybe NPR. For music I grab a CD or 2 and pop them in. I used to have XM before I retired with an hour to hour/half commute but no more. And even then I only listened to a few stations.