Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Anyone still listen to the actual radio?

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by Mississippi_Kid, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Monkeyboy

Monkeyboy Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

May 23, 2015
    Ghost Dog Heart
    no; threw away my last radio a few years back

2. pumpkin

pumpkin Strat-Talk Member

Aug 5, 2017
    Richmond VA
    ... do you mean actual live radio shows like Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck and Mark Levin ? Miillions do every day. You may not 'miss it' because you disagree with it or have fallen out of the habit.

3. slapthatplank

slapthatplank Strat-Talk Member

May 17, 2013
    Overland Park KS
    We have a great local station in KC, 90.9 the Bridge. They support a ton of local music and live music, and pride themselves on stretching your ear holes. Unlike nearly every other corporate station in KC.

ZlurkCorzDog likes this.

4. Cerb

Cerb Senior Stratmaster

Jan 22, 2016
    Sweden
    All the things me in the car. I don't listen to CD's anymore though.

5. Groovey

Groovey Senior Stratmaster

Nov 17, 2016
    NC. USA
    Yep.

I jumped off the SAT radio comparatively quick. I was done with Sirius about 2 years after it took off.

6. Mr C

Mr C Senior Stratmaster

Feb 17, 2016
    New Zealand
    We only really have local FM in NZ, no sat adio or DAB,

where I live there is a dead spot in The signal for about half the drive into the city - so it’s the local station only or static for about half the trip and then RNZ national (kind of like NPR or Radio 4 in the UK) as I get closer to Auckland.

Commercial music radio here is execrable

7. LOSTVENTURE

LOSTVENTURE Strat-Talker

Jun 15, 2007
    CHARLOTTE, NC
    Strictly while driving for me. 98% of the time it Serius, 60's on 6, or Beatles on 18.

8. whiteheat777

whiteheat777 Strat-Talk Member

Apr 18, 2017
    Tenafly

9. Sangetsu

Sangetsu Strat-Talk Member

Oct 6, 2017
    Tokyo
    No, but then radio programs in Japan are pretty bad, as bad as Japanese tv. There is no XM or satellite radio here. I use iTunes radio in my phone and play it as I work or drive.

I used to drive back and forth across America quite a lot, and enjoyed listening to the local radio stations as I passed through cities, counties, and states. You learn a lot about the local culture listening to local stations. My favorite was “Louisiana Proud” KBON.

10. 8T_BoCO

8T_BoCO Aspiring Stratospheric Stratitician Strat-Talk Supporter

Mar 2, 2016
    Colorado
    Yes, but only non-commercial stations that we support (KUVO, one of the best jazz stations in the nation, and KGNU, bluegrass, reggae, BBC & community affairs).