Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Apple garage band does not seem to have any effect on my guitar sound.

Discussion in 'The Effect effect' started by Silverman, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Silverman

Silverman Strat-Talker

Feb 28, 2016
    Evanston
    I recently purchased studio monitors and an Audio Interface to try and play at home using the built in Garage band amps on my mac..

i have successfully set it all up, but it seems like the different preset options in GarageBand do not have any effect on the sound. The guitar stays consistently "dry" whether garageband is even open or not, and regardless of what presets I have selected. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

2. Silverman

Silverman Strat-Talker

Feb 28, 2016
    Evanston
    Never mind. figured it out. I was on the wrong input on the box.

TheDuck and duzie like this.

3. Silverman

Silverman Strat-Talker

Feb 28, 2016
    Evanston
    Actually it wasn't the what I thought. I figured I would circle back and fill in my mistakes regarding the Scarlett audio interface and Garage Band in case some other newbie runs into the same problem I did some day. There is a knob next to the "master volume" knob that dials in the amount of "signal manipulations" that is coming in from the Garageband program. For example, if the knob is dialed all the way to the left, you will just hear a "dry" guitar signal. The more you move it to the right, the more the amps and settings in GarageBand program seem add to your dry signal.

Clearly I have no idea what I am doing, but figured i thought this might be helpful to someone doing a search one day.

Oh, and it sounds awesome. Glad I started experimenting with all of this stuff.