Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Best indoor lighting for two tone sunburst?

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by Johnny Danger, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Johnny Danger

Johnny Danger Strat-Talker

Aug 28, 2017
    Denton, TX
    Yes, I am being serious. :D

I've noticed that in photos, 2TSB can seem very red or very brown, even greenish. I got a Squier CV 50's that looked awesome in the photos I got via email from the previous owner. In my little guitar room, it looks brown bordering on green. I took it outside and it's the typical lovely reddish brown we know and love.

I'm looking at a big purchase that happens to be 2TSB and I want it to look good in the room I will have it in most of the time. What color/temperature bulb should I try out? Looking to redo the light fixture in there anyway.

2. Chasy

Chasy Strat-Talker Strat-Talk Supporter

Jun 7, 2018
    Danbury CT
    The lowest cost practical lighting would be quartz bulbs.

3. Groovey

Groovey Most Honored Senior Member

Nov 17, 2016
    NC. USA
    I can tell you that my 2tsb look great in any light. I don't think this two tone SB is as complete as the quilted.

Front closeup1.JPG

I can also tell you from my last finishing job brilliant sunlight can be your enemy.

I submit pics to demonstrate.

IMG_20180618_114418407_HDR.jpg IMG_20180618_114443881.jpg

And finally some nuetral lighting

IMG_20180624_101430670.jpg

Stormy Monday likes this.

4. stratnutz

stratnutz Senior Stratmaster

Apr 10, 2011
    Dallas TX
    Sunlight can be your friend.
    upload_2018-7-13_20-53-29.png

Groovey likes this.

5. ChukkerNation

ChukkerNation Senior Stratmaster

Apr 9, 2015
    Magrathea
    Man you aren’t kidding. In the photos in direct sunlight, it doesn’t even look like your guitar has electronics, hardware or a pickguard!

jaybones, circles and felis like this.

6. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Jul 28, 2011
    Pawnee, Indiana
    Yep. Sunlight will always be the key to great pics, unless you have access to great pro indoor lighting.

7. Johnny Danger

Johnny Danger Strat-Talker

Aug 28, 2017
    Denton, TX
    Hmmm, ok. It seems as if I wasn't clear enough. I know how to get a good picture of the guitar. What I'm asking is what light color/temperature would be best for indoor lighting so that it always looks great in the room it lives in.

8. Groovey

Groovey Most Honored Senior Member

Nov 17, 2016
    NC. USA
    Sorry, I hid my answer. An average light works best for me. Too bright and you'll get reflection from floors and walls. I used the brilliant sunlight in my example only to highlight areas that needed more attention.

9. Chasy

Jun 7, 2018
    Danbury CT
    Quartz. Quartz. 2700k to 3300k. If you need efficiency then look at high cri led but it wont be as nice.

10. Silverstrat69

Silverstrat69 Strat-Talker

Jun 11, 2018
    USA
    Your problem is probably because your indoor lighting is more in the blue spectrum 6500K, hence its making your guitar green. 2700k bulbs, which is more red, is what you are looking for I think. Dont ask why I know this, but hopefully that helps.

11. jaybones

jaybones Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

@Groovey That second pic makes the figure look like its ON FIRE!!!

OP, your best bet would be light towards the warmer end of the spectrum.

Cool white bulbs would be out.

Groovey likes this.

12. Chasy

Jun 7, 2018
    Danbury CT
    I was in Red Lobster tonight and they have those nice giclee photographs framed on the walls. They are lit very well and bursting with color. All the lighting in there is LED. So, somebody is making some nice LED lighting. These were little track light fixtures with what looked like par 30 bulbs with 4 LEDs.