Warmoth.com Amplified Parts darrenriley.com Mod Kits Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups Reilander Pickups

Warmoth.com Amplified Parts darrenriley.com Mod Kits Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups Reilander Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Bill Lawrence Swampcaster

Discussion in 'Non-Fender S-Type Guitar Forum' started by Swingbass, Sep 23, 2011.

1. Swingbass

Swingbass Senior Stratmaster

2. ITSGOTQUACK

ITSGOTQUACK Strat-Talker

The Bill Lawrence Swampkasters are not made by Bill Lawrence, they simply have pickups in them that are based on the great pickups that he made back in the 70's and 80's and the association stops there. Yep, they should get busted for putting his name on the headstock. But for now, they stand as they are and they are not a Bill Lawrence product.

3. stratphobic

stratphobic -----------------------

my stepdad has one and he loves it.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. AncientAx

AncientAx Senior Stratmaster

Maybe it's the Other Bill Lawrence. :twisted:

6. ITSGOTQUACK

ITSGOTQUACK Strat-Talker

It is 100% true. These are not made by or affiliated with the real Bill Lawrence. Just the pickups are based on his old pickups. They are not even authorized in any way shape or form. The whole story can be Googled and you can read it quicker than I can copy and paste it. But they are simply, cheap imports with little to no real quality to them. Do some folks love them? Sure. Some folks love Pit Bulls too. lol

7. Swingbass

Swingbass Senior Stratmaster

I did some additional research as suggested by Quack and have decided to pass on this one. Thanks very much.

8. Boris Bubbanov

Boris Bubbanov Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Wise choice, indeed. Before I knew the whole story on this Jchak Wachmann guy (who in the nutshell used to work with Bill and tried to steal the company while Bill was attending to business in Germany years ago), I tried out one of these Korean made Swampcasters and I would say a Squier Affinity was a MUCH better made guitar. NOs in a shop but nothing worked. Bill had considered having guitars built there but rejected everything they showed him. When Bill was away, this Wachmann guy tried to forge on without his permission.

Forge being the operative word. :mad:

9. Boris Bubbanov

Boris Bubbanov Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

This breed is NOT my favorite at all but as a dog lover, I'd take 2 dozen Pit Bulls before one single Wachmann product. Don't be running these dogs down like that. ;)

10. telestrat

telestrat Senior Stratmaster

that nice we have banned them in the u.k ^
    dangerous dogs act.!!! ^
    Back to the thread nice natrual body with a good tort the pickups should have a nice classic 70,s thump to them..nice

11. Holoflash

Holoflash Strat-O-Master

Are pits really banned in the UK?

12. Jfernan

Jfernan Senior Stratmaster

Not sure but not here for sure. I see one everyday.

13. telestrat

Yes pit bull terriors are banned in great Britain my partner works with animal legal system here that deals with illegal dog fighting crimes and the illegal breeding in the uk of banned breeds

14. telestrat

Yes they are legal in AMERICA but are banned totally illegal jail bait in GREAT BRITAIN. Any doubts on my credibility google but as I stated I have it straight from the horses mouth there was a huge spate of dog fighting crimes and a lot of cases where they had attacked people so the govt. Saw fit and banned the owning or breeding of these dogs lots were seized and destroyed

15. ITSGOTQUACK

ITSGOTQUACK Strat-Talker

My pleasure my friend. Good luck in the eternal hunt!

16. 07 road house

07 road house Senior Stratmaster

not crazy about the headstock

17. sneakypete

sneakypete Senior Stratmaster

I see MIJ Bill Lawrence models too...theres a used strat locally right now that has an MIJ sticker on the headstock, they show up pretty much everywhere regularly, don`t appear to be rare at all.
    Pit bulls?... you can train a chihuahua to be a man eater if you want, it ain`t the dogs, it`s the owners.