Warmoth.com Amplified Parts darrenriley.com Mod Kits Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups Reilander Pickups

Warmoth.com Amplified Parts darrenriley.com Mod Kits Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups Reilander Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Blues deville speakers...

Discussion in 'DIY Amp Forum' started by tonyoi1208, Mar 8, 2012.

1. tonyoi1208

tonyoi1208 Strat-Talk Member

Jan 6, 2012
    sedona, az
    I just bought a Fender original issue blues deville amplifier at a great price. I've noticed that the bottom left speaker is a jensen high output. The rest I believe to be the original speakers that came with the amp. If I wanted to put some celestion speakers in there, how would you guys think that would improve my sound? Or should I just stick with the original blue alnico mag speakers? I love playing the blues and classic rock. Can anyone help?

2. jazzycian

jazzycian Strat-Talk Member

Nov 4, 2011
    Ireland
    The question is does the amp sound good? If it sounds good dont change it. Although I have a Celestion Gold 12 inch and a G12H30 12 inch in a JTM45 combo and they work really well together. The gold gives really nice mids and highs but lacks some low end punch. And the G12H30 Gives good low end punch and nice mids but may be lacking on the high end. So the two speakers cancel out each others weak points. This combination gives a really nice range.

Dunno if that helps.