Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Boss Katana Owners Club

Discussion in 'Amp Owners Clubs' started by Thrup'ny Bit, Mar 17, 2017.

Tags:
  1. GuitarPix

GuitarPix Senior Stratmaster

Oct 21, 2013
    Calgary
    I’m betting it’d be quite good - my first gig with my 100 set at 50 was using the basic clean channel - and got a lot of compliments on my sound. Depending of course on the humbuckers.

2. johnnymg

johnnymg Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

Sep 5, 2015
    Central Coast Ca
    Which version of Mustang do you have and which preset are you using? When I had my Mustang III I used Shanes 68 Deluxe patch with slight edits. I seem to recall my single coil tones were slightly better than my HB with that amp. I didn't mess with it much though. You might want to try Shanes preset with some delay for a HB.

That said, I sold my Mustang recently because the Katana 100 did everything with a bit more punch and character. I don't think you would be disappointed with the Katana 50. I might get one myself for a second/stereo setup.

nickmsmith likes this.

3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Jul 28, 2011
    USA
    That’s a good point.. I did set my sounds up with single coils in mind.

4. Thrup'ny Bit

Thrup'ny Bit Captain Crapocaster Strat-Talk Supporter

May 21, 2010
    In t'grim North
    I have to make slight adjustments depending on which Strat and single coils I'm using, so I use one bank for my ST54 and the other for my CP50. Humburglars (which I don't currently have) would need different settings again. I'm very happy with my Katana 50.

nickmsmith likes this.

5. Kenster212

Kenster212 New Member!

Sunday
    USA
    Just curious if anyone has set up 2 Katana's for stereo. Routing the signal could be a problem. I usually run effects pedals into the FX loop except overdrive which goes into the front end.

6. Thrup'ny Bit

Thrup'ny Bit Captain Crapocaster Strat-Talk Supporter

May 21, 2010
    In t'grim North
    Elantric over at The Gear Page runs a pair of 100 combos in stereo on stage, so it has been done. (It's somewhere in the 600+ pages of the Katana thread there. :rolleyes:)

7. Kenster212

Kenster212 New Member!

Sunday
    USA
    Thanks Thrup'ny for the timely response.